• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Morivation has plummeted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morivation has plummeted.

What a chuffing day in permidoom.

Had to spend around getting a yes man to say No, and to educate the importance of pre-booking peoples times for meeting, and that just by populating a gantt chart that said people do not access does not magically make meetings get planned properly.

Got a signed off RDD with no tester allocated to the project, and nobody seems to care.

Final straw was when as a courteous reminder I emailed boss (former client – gnash…….) my Christmas holidays. A whopping Christmas eve, day after boxing day then a couple of days around New Year. We are talking only 5 days.

Got a right go from boss that I told him wrong. Incorrect – I told him right and he wrote them down wrong, like the rest of the teams are also wrong. He said I could not have the time off, which is not an option as I am providing carer duties for a 95 year old relative in West Scotland over Christmas, and a couple of days for a much needed pre-paid break after boss agreeing to dates with friends at new year. I also pointed out I entertained his madness last year working Christmas eve and drove to Ayrshire at death o clock on Christmas day morning, on agreement that I would have longer of my rightful allowance this year. I also lost holiday time as boss would not let me use it all last year. Also consider I have been in every day of the bad weather, unlike himself and more local people.

Had to threaten the going up to HR for being unreasonable card.

Boss backed down.

Sent pointed email pointing out the carer duty facts.

Boss left office for the day without replying.

Great at his work, but zero people management skills.

Need a much longer holiday now as a result!!

Maybe a holiday long enough for a nice juicy contract once again……….. At least you don't care about motivation when under a waddy contract!

it must be bad if you can no longer be bothered to spell motivation correctly.

FYI Morivation != Motivation
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      it must be bad if you can no longer be bothered to spell motivation correctly.

FYI Morivation != Motivation
      Yes, it really is that bad.

Comment

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooow,

pecker up lad

what's happened the crashed car, have they fixed it ?

And how did it go with 'er in doors ? did she come over at the weekend on your conditions ?

Milan.

Comment

FOAD.

Thank you.

Comment

For God's sake, start acting like a permie.

Take sick days.

It's getting more and more common that when people (I know) are grumbling about having the odd day off denied, they all conclude "next time I'll just take a sickie"

Comment

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                For God's sake, start acting like a permie.

Take sick days.

It's getting more and more common that when people (I know) are grumbling about having the odd day off denied, they all conclude "next time I'll just take a sickie"

I have always believed and argued that a good Manager should treat holidays as sickdays and therefore not refuse holidays in the same way as they cannot refuse sick days

It really does amuse me to watch Bosses not approving holiday requests as some kind of power and punishment game

As a contractor it doesn't bother me, if I were a permy I'd vote with my feet

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  I also lost holiday time as boss would not let me use it all last year.
                  When he goes on leave for Xmas, tulip in his desk.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    When he goes on leave for Xmas, tulip in his desk.
                    Yeah. When he comes back, it'll have wilted a bit through lack of watering, and a couple of the petals might have dropped off. That'll show him. Heh heh.

Comment

Working...
                    X