• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Left right left

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left right left

Do you ever put easter eggs into your applications ?

I do. I always put a left right left click on one of the controls of the 'about' screen.

usually some vitriol about the project, sometimes a little game, depending how much time i have left over

take THAT , project managers

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Used to. In these days of unit tests and code coverage percentages, it's got to be a dying art.

Comment

I've never managed to do this, however I have added some "extra" logging to the application.

One line has a reference to Billy Butler on Radio Merseyside and the game he used to play with callers - Hold your plums.
      I'm sure you remember that EO ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I've never managed to do this, however I have added some "extra" logging to the application.

One line has a reference to Billy Butler on Radio Merseyside and the game he used to play with callers - Hold your plums.
        I'm sure you remember that EO ?
        billy butler, aye

i used to have a liking for that bird as well, what was her name. debbie something

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          billy butler, aye

i used to have a liking for that bird as well, what was her name. debbie something

I only remember Wally, but then I only used to listen to it when visiting grandparents.

Comment

I once found some code in an application that I was working on that checked for the keypresses "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A"

Can't remember what it did though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I once found some code in an application that I was working on that checked for the keypresses "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A"

Can't remember what it did though.
              I have a lot of dev diagnostics, which are supposed to come out in production, but never do.
              Data initialisation and such, or error forcing
              it might have been something like that, something scary

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Many (many - may have been uni years) years ago, I was sent a link to try in Excel which worked.
                I can't remember it, but it involved a few page downs on the 3rd tab "type of thing", then some <CTRL> "X" or something in a certain cell.
                Upon doing this, a "room" opened, that had all the developers names on the wall - was quite cool (well, to a 2nd year student it was).
                And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

I do. I always put a left right left click on one of the controls of the 'about' screen.

usually some vitriol about the project, sometimes a little game, depending how much time i have left over

take THAT , project managers

Yes, but even more sophisticated than that and it is designed to be picked out from the crowd. I can’t say more because I don’t want the idea copied.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I have a lot of dev diagnostics, which are supposed to come out in production, but never do.
                    Data initialisation and such, or error forcing
                    it might have been something like that, something scary

No, it was definitely an easter egg. It refers to this but I just can't remember what the point of it was.

Comment

Working...
                    X