• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 10 warmer places

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 warmer places

UK weather: Big freeze returns tomorrow and it's going to last for a MONTH | Mail Online

1. Tenerife. Maybe, but not warm enough for swimming in the sea? I'm also not sure about the camping situation.
    2. Sharm El Sheikh. Been in the news a lot recently and I think I'd give swimming a miss there, and hence not worth going.
    3. Lanzarote. See 1.
    4. Orlando. Too expensive.
    5. Benidorm. Will probably get snowed in there too.
    6. Gran Canaria. See 1.
    7. Fuerteventura. See 1.
    8. Barbados. Too expensive.
    9. Goa. Too expensive?
    10. Costa Del Sol. Too cold.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    UK weather: Big freeze returns tomorrow and it's going to last for a MONTH | Mail Online

1. Tenerife. Maybe, but not warm enough for swimming in the sea? I'm also not sure about the camping situation.
    2. Sharm El Sheikh. Been in the news a lot recently and I think I'd give swimming a miss there, and hence not worth going.
    3. Lanzarote. See 1.
    4. Orlando. Too expensive.
    5. Benidorm. Will probably get snowed in there too.
    6. Gran Canaria. See 1.
    7. Fuerteventura. See 1.
    8. Barbados. Too expensive.
    9. Goa. Too expensive?
    10. Costa Del Sol. Too cold.

Gambia, and it's cheap.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Even in SSH you need a heated swimming pool this time of the year. Divers wear half suits.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Hotels have pools & there are also trips to St Catherine's Monastery etc Or if it's real and safe water you want Dahab is only 50 miles up the coast

Comment

The Canary Islands at this time of year are very pleasant (provided you stay away from the other Brits, which is possible).

The daytime temperature in Auckland today was 27 with an overnight low of 19. Humidity is 86%. It's not cheap though.

Comment

Caribbean at this time of year is splendid and it's only an eight hour flight.

Thailand is even better, though a longer journey.

OP: Benidorm? FFS. This is a contractor site!
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Madeira is nice this time of year, not too hot, but pleasant and not chock full of tourists.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Caribbean at this time of year is splendid and it's only an eight hour flight.

Thailand is even better, though a longer journey.

OP: Benidorm? FFS. This is a contractor site!
                I thought that about ALL the suggestions

The main problem with tourist destinations is that by their nature they attract tourists.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I hear that Eilat in Israel is very agreeable.

Unfortunately it is the winter destination of choice for Julie Birchell. What a holiday spoiler it would be bumping in to that attention seeking, overgrown 6th form student during one's evening constitutional on the prom.

Comment

I'll be in South China for a month, comfortable average of 22 degrees. Christmas Day booked into outside spa on the beach - provided the snow doesn't stop take off

Comment

Working...
                    X