• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigrants cost UK economy £1.7 billion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigrants cost UK economy £1.7 billion

Send 'em home I say.

Linky

The cost was significantly higher at £1.3bn in England where invasive non-native species have become more established.

The price was put at £251m in Scotland and £133m in Wales.

The amount of enjoyment they give is priceless though

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The amount of enjoyment they give is priceless though
      let them in, in small numbers, and keep them in cages.

I have a syrian hamster, its great fun and bites the end of my finger when i poke it through the bars. And thats the key -its behind bars

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I gave a monkey nut to a squirrel the other day and after it had verified it's authenticity, scarpered and buried it.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          let them in, in small numbers, and keep them in cages.

I have a syrian hamster, its great fun and bites the end of my finger when i poke it through the bars. And thats the key -its behind bars

To be fair, Alexei is making a contribution to society and is hardly a danger to the public. All he needs is either a sofa or a giant wheel to run on and he'll be content to stay indoors anyway. Putting him in prison is just an additional cost to the tax payer.

Or did I missunderstand?

Comment

Comment

Get the immigrants to rid the country of non native species.

Sorted.

Comment

Did Harriet have any view on squirrels?

Harriet Harman criticised for 'heroic' immigrants comment
                Harriet Harman has been criticised for praising 'heroic’ immigrants on benefits who send welfare money home to family members.

Harriet Harman said many people in her Peckham constituency were regularly sending money overseas

At a meeting over the weekend Miss Harman, who is also the shadow development secretary, discussed how to increase “remittances” — the money sent by families in Britain to relatives overseas.

One of the audience members told a Sunday newspaper: “Harriet led a discussion on how to back up what she called 'the hidden heroes of development’ through developing new policies on remittances.”

Miss Harman said many people in her Peckham constituency were regularly sending money overseas.

She told the meeting that she was “amazed” by how many people did it.

An audience member said Miss Harman wanted to start an international survey to devise ways to make it easier for countries to receive remittances from Britain.

Her remarks were met with enthusiasm but others questioned the plan.

One person pointed out: “If it was found that the majority sending remittances were on benefits, critics would say it proved they get too much.”

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I gave a monkey nut to a squirrel the other day and after it had verified it's authenticity, scarpered and buried it.
                  Now that's just cruel. Letting it find out the nut is real and then hiding it from them

You maybe missing an "it" in there somewhere....
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Shoot grey squirrels and eat them. Delicious.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X