• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor things that really piss you off !

I have two pet hates (however silly they may be).....

1. People who use the word 'draw' instead of 'drawer'. Someone said on a thread recently, they had a 'draw full of user ids'. No you ******* don't. It's a drawer !!

2. A bloke here at clientco uses the word 'pacific' constantly instead of 'specific'. He says things (ususally at meetings), like, "There's a couple of pacific things we need to discuss)

Both of the above make my ******* blood boil

Anyone else get upset by things they really shouldn't ????
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I have two pet hates (however silly they may be).....

1. People who use the word 'draw' instead of 'drawer'. Someone said on a thread recently, they had a 'draw full of user ids'. No you ******* don't. It's a drawer !!

2. A bloke here at clientco uses the word 'pacific' constantly instead of 'specific'. He says things (ususally at meetings), like, "There's a couple of pacific things we need to discuss)

Both of the above make my ******* blood boil

Anyone else get upset by things they really shouldn't ????
    I get upset by people who grow old and intolerant at the same time.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yes, I saw the thread where you went a bit OTT on someone for the misuse of 'draw'.

Here you are:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...annoy-you.html
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I get upset by people who grow old and intolerant at the same time.
        Yeah, but you're an agent so no one gives a **** what you think, unless you've got a contract in front of them at an exceptional rate with next to no margin for yourself

Comment

Yeah, but you're an agent so no one gives a **** what you think, unless you've got a contract in front of them at an exceptional rate with next to no margin for yourself
          What's got up your hole?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

The totally poor standard of English among the general populace is frightening.

I can see why it gets on you're goat. Their annoying, are'nt they?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              What's got up your hole?
              I reckon he's just discovered that Dodgy has been charging him out for £50 per hour and he's only getting a tenner.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

On an H&S course the other day, the lecturer kept saying 'pacific' and 'pacificly'. I also noted 'skelington' and 'the aids'. What a hoot that was.

In addition to the above, something trivial that really pi$$es me off is the group of three women standing 3 yards from my desk, itemising every Christmas present that they've bought for each relative and the delivery status of the same.

I wish they'd all STFU and FO, not necessarily in that order.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I reckon he's just discovered that Dodgy has been charging him out for £50 per hour and he's only getting a tenner.
                  He needs to invest in some new underwear then, and be prepared to strap the nappy on when asked to.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    What's got up your hole?
                    Absolutely nowt. I'm scottish. Every phrase needs a **** in it. It's like a semi colon to us.

Comment

Working...
                    X