• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelodge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelodge

I've got a week of training next month which I need to book accommodation for... as I'll be off work for a week and forking out for the training I'm trying to save on the hotel costs.
    But I just can't bring myself to book into the Travelodge (which also happens to be the hotel closest to where I need to be)

Is it as bad as I'm imagining it will be?
    Coffee's for closers

Yes
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Depending on where they are travelodges can rage from sparse but comfortable to dingy horrible places to stay
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yup. But cheap. Won't kill you.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

They're okay. You used to be able to get them for £15 per night if you booked in advance.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            They're okay. You used to be able to get them for £15 per night if you booked in advance.
            it's £19 per night for the one I want

It looks like its a relatively new building too but for the sake of an extra £27 per night I could stay at the Hilton
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              it's £19 per night for the one I want

It looks like its a relatively new building too but for the sake of an extra £27 per night I could stay at the Hilton
              Have you searched Premier Inn, some smart new ones around, as good as the Hilton if you let lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Have you searched Premier Inn, some smart new ones around, as good as the Hilton if you let lucky.
                Yup - the closest one is actually more expensive than the Hilton for the dates I need

I actually stayed in a brand new Premier Inn a couple of months ago, it had literally only opened its doors for the first time a few hours before I got there.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've got a week of training next month which I need to book accommodation for... as I'll be off work for a week and forking out for the training I'm trying to save on the hotel costs.
                  But I just can't bring myself to book into the Travelodge (which also happens to be the hotel closest to where I need to be)

I generally avoid Travelbodge but there are some that are not entirely grim.

Check the reviews for the one you're thinking about on

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

TA reviews are usually pretty accurate if you ignore the extreme ones.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

ibis Hotels: book a hotel online for a business trip or a vacation
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X