• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just applied for PERMIE job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been a permie before!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I thought you were still in Switzerland - that finished, or getting tedious with the travelling now?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I thought you were still in Switzerland - that finished, or getting tedious with the travelling now?
      Nope - been working in London since june. Bored of the Virgin commute each week and this one is in manchester city centre
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Get thee behind me satan!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's ok - you don't have to hand back you log-in till you actually start work
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Please put your testicles on the counter before you go in.

Acccchhhh sccchhhtupppp!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And what draw-ered you towards wanting to do that, pacifically ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

You You make me

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  You You make me
                  Well to make you happier, I think I'm going to pull out of it. The job is close to home, but the permie rate is 60k and compared to my contract rate of £420 a day, the drop is a bit too steep. yes I know I should get various permie benefits, but I still see losing 40k as a bit too much.

Just composing them an email now to get out of it.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well to make you happier, I think I'm going to pull out of it. The job is close to home, but the permie rate is 60k and compared to my contract rate of £420 a day, the drop is a bit too steep. yes I know I should get various permie benefits, but I still see losing 40k as a bit too much.

Just composing them an email now to get out of it.
                    Don't forget the benefits of being near your family.

It must be a pity for you that Labour lost the election. They seemed hell-bent on relocating all work from London to Manchester.

Comment

Working...
                    X