• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who buys bottled water?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who buys bottled water?

If so you are a mug. The water is no better than tap water, and costs you about 10,000 times as much!

And the bottles for this fashion accessory damage the environment.

And since it isn't treated, it still has all the nice bacteria in it that get killed by the chlorine in tap water

Comment

It is the result of rampant capitalism - if there is a demand, no matter how perverse, there is a price.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        If so you are a mug. The water is no better than tap water, and costs you about 10,000 times as much!

Hey, if you can afford to pay 10,000 times as much, why not?

I use bottled water for bathing and washing my car.

http://www.frequencymagazine.com/peo...ena_victor.htm

Comment

At least I'm not drinking something that someone else drunk last week. And someone else the week before that. Ad infinitum. I'd definitely settle for a little bacteria against drinking someone else's piss.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Who drinks only bottled water you ask - The same kind of preening popinjay who uses the paper towels _and_ the hot air blower in the office gents (Tough guys don't use either, they just wipe their hands on their shirt, assuming they bother to wash them at all )
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Do what the permies at my current shop do... take a big bottle of Evian in to work - and fill it up from the supplied 'spring water' ... amazingly they all go home with full bottles... mmmmm

I think the IR should investigate this as a 'benefit in kind'...
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I happily drink tap water, but not in some places, e.g. the SE of England. Like many who grew up with pure water in the taps, I can't stand the unpleasant chalky taste of that tap water.

Comment

It's not the chalk I'd worry about, it's the female hormones... drink enough & you'll start growing breasts.

Comment

When I lived in Slough the tap water was foul and undrinkable if you had any taste buds. The chemical smell put me off. But, pass it through a filter, and it was okay.

I buy Sainsbury's fizzy water with lemon juice as it saves me having to filter, carbonate and flavour tap water.

Comment

Working...
                    X