• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We, not the Swedes, fight Assange's bail that our own court allowed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We, not the Swedes, fight Assange's bail that our own court allowed.

Julian Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden

The decision to have Julian Assange sent to a London jail and kept there was taken by the British authorities and not by prosecutors in Sweden
    Two questions:

1. why is the UK Crown Prosecution Service opposing bail for someone charged by a foreign country, which itself does not oppose bail?

2. why did they lie to us?

The answers might be:

1. either to punish him, or to hold him until our masters in Washington work out a plan for "disappearing" him.

2. move along, nothing to see here.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    2. why did they lie to us?
    Because we pay 'them' to lie to us. Every four or five years we go out and vote for some new set of people to lie to us. We demand it. We demand that our rulers do the impossible, for example, securing us against all threats like disease, war, mass migration, economic cycles, and all they can then do is tell us a big lie to make it look like they're doing what we want them to do.

We get the authorities we deserve.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Because we pay 'them' to lie to us. Every four or five years we go out and vote for some new set of people to lie to us. We demand it. We demand that our rulers do the impossible, for example, securing us against all threats like disease, war, mass migration, economic cycles, and all they can then do is tell us a big lie to make it look like they're doing what we want them to do.

We get the authorities we deserve.
      Serious question: do you think the Netherlands is like this too?

Comment

Serious question: do you think the Netherlands is like this too?
        It's not much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          It's not much better.
          Pity. I suppose I would have thought Sweden a principled liberal neutral country, but I'm not so sure about that either.

Comment

Pity. I suppose I would have thought Sweden a principled liberal neutral country, but I'm not so sure about that either.
            I wouldn't know where you can find one of those nowadays.

NL has become just another little reactionary provincial backwater that will happily bend over and ask to be shafted by the US.

Germany is perhaps the most liberal place in Europe right now, but we'll see how that develops.

Comment

Working...
            X