• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet for Recruitment Agents at the Moment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet for Recruitment Agents at the Moment?

Dodgy Agent & Agents View have upped their posting.

I assume this part of the year is a complete no-go/waste of time for recruitment agencies to get leads/cold call?

Is that the case boys?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Dodgy Agent & Agents View have upped their posting.

I assume this part of the year is a complete no-go/waste of time for recruitment agencies to get leads/cold call?

Is that the case boys?
    (in the words of Del boy) Eau contraire . We have been retained as a sole supplier by some of the planets most prestigious companies to recruit some of the very best freelance professionals for high level projects that are likely to last for over 100 years.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      (in the words of Del boy) Eau contraire . We have been retained as a sole supplier by some of the planets most prestigious companies to recruit some of the very best freelance professionals for high level projects that are likely to last for over 100 years.
      So you got the account for BP's legal dept then. Nice.

Comment

Actually, for me I've had more calls about seemingly genuine contracts starting in the New Year than I've ever had. After a quiet 2010, things do seem to be improving, at last.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

And by the way - the agent isn't taking 21.5% of your rate - you're taking 78.5% of his/hers.
          I find this signature of yours entirely bumptious.

To look at the logical extremes of this supposition, which is more attractive/useful to a client?

An agent with no candidates, or a candidate with no agent?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

To look at the logical extremes of this supposition, which is more attractive/useful to a client?

I've always wondered why IT departments use non technical agents to recruit technical staff

Why is this? Why why?!
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Actually, for me I've had more calls about seemingly genuine contracts starting in the New Year than I've ever had. After a quiet 2010, things do seem to be improving, at last.
              WFBS, though I've had a few false starters recently, going to all the effort of interviewing and then pulling the plug, but the phone calls are coming in about real live roles.

Am surprised, as this time of year is usually dead.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post

You guys seem quite happy to dish it out but it seems that some of you just can't take it back.
                I am quite surprised that you need to take it so seriously (inwardly I am delighted). I also did'nt realise that there are so many contractors that are so full of their own self importance. On the back of this I might just increase the margin to more "justifiable" levels.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I've always wondered why IT departments use non technical agents to recruit technical staff

Why is this? Why why?!
                  Technical people do not want to work in recruitment. Those that do don't seem to last long anyway.

Comment

Technical people do not want to work in recruitment. Those that do don't seem to last long anyway.
                    I've always wondered what would be involved in making the switch and having a technical background..
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X