• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbours using police for harassment…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbours using police for harassment…..

You may recall a few months ago the police came around because I installed a couple of cameras pointing only on my property due to neighbours after throwing garden weeds at the cat, with a death threat and accusation of being a paedo thrown in for good measure, not to forget coming to my back door shrieking like a possessed banshee.

Police were happy with the cameras at the time, but I got a voice message telling me they are coming to visit on Saturday unless I call back, which I did, but the sgt is not available to take my returned call.

The neighbours are complaining that I have a new webcam, which is on the internet and have installed additional cameras. All complete bollocks as nothing has changed.

I plan to tackle this by emailing the local community policing department this evening asking for the email to get forwarded onto the sgt, outlining I got his message, returned the call (got the name of the person who answered the phone), and also outling that nothing has changed, welcoming a chat as to why this has come about.

Does this sound reasonable?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    You may recall a few months ago the police came around because I installed a couple of cameras pointing only on my property due to neighbours after throwing garden weeds at the cat, with a death threat and accusation of being a paedo thrown in for good measure, not to forget coming to my back door shrieking like a possessed banshee.

Police were happy with the cameras at the time, but I got a voice message telling me they are coming to visit on Saturday unless I call back, which I did, but the sgt is not available to take my returned call.

The neighbours are complaining that I have a new webcam, which is on the internet and have installed additional cameras. All complete bollocks as nothing has changed.

I plan to tackle this by emailing the local community policing department this evening asking for the email to get forwarded onto the sgt, outlining I got his message, returned the call (got the name of the person who answered the phone), and also outling that nothing has changed, welcoming a chat as to why this has come about.

Does this sound reasonable?
    Not really, I would think smearing excrement on their lounge windows would be the next logical step, or is this too tame?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Why not complain to the police that the neighbour is making vexatious claims specifically in order to get you hassled by the police? Tell the police that you wish to make a harassment complaint against your neighbour.

Comment

Dear Sockie

It's a pity all of this isn't true.

What is true though it the bloke who came and begged my missus to lend him £20 from the till at the shop a month ago as he needed to get to work.

She gave him £10, because she knew him. He is the father of a child in my daughters class. He hasnt paid it back. He drops her off in the morning and picks her up at night.

He has avoided my missus whenever possible. She has asked him three times and always an excuse. She gave him until today.

He obviously doesnt work and is one of lifes ponces. I hate ponces.

I am picking up the kids today....
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Dear Sockie

It's a pity all of this isn't true.

What is true though it the bloke who came and begged my missus to lend him £20 from the till at the shop a month ago as he needed to get to work.

She gave him £10, because she knew him. He is the father of a child in my daughters class. He hasnt paid it back. He drops her off in the morning and picks her up at night.

He has avoided my missus whenever possible. She has asked him three times and always an excuse. She gave him until today.

He obviously doesnt work and is one of lifes ponces. I hate ponces.

I am picking up the kids today....
          Give him a wedgie.

HTH

Comment

Have a heart MF, it's Christmas!

It's only a tenner, you can afford it, but clearly he cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

You sound like the Labour candidate that once knocked on my door asking me to vote Labour after I gave her a rant about IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Christmas/Schmismas.

He is clearly a liar and a ponce & has taken advantage of my wife. He doesn't know her or my circumstances.

If he doesnt cough up(which he won't), I'm going to ask where he lives and offer to pop around. (he forgets his wallet each time you see)

Then if he doesnt I am just going to loudly say to the assembled mums & dads 'never to lend this man any money. He is a liar & a ponce'

All I can do really.

I hate ponces.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have just thought - I have a good friend who is a special sargeant in the same force - thinking of asking the local sgt stuffing things up to consider having a chat with my mate if character reference would be appropriate?

The DVR has all outside activity over the last 5 days, so would have no problem with the local police having a copy of this if they were to bring over a car battery sized memory stick - may even suggest this to them......

Bloody madness.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Christmas/Schmismas.

He is clearly a liar and a ponce & has taken advantage of my wife. He doesn't know her or my circumstances.

If he doesnt cough up(which he won't), I'm going to ask where he lives and offer to pop around. (he forgets his wallet each time you see)

Then if he doesnt I am just going to loudly say to the assembled mums & dads 'never to lend this man any money. He is a liar & a ponce'

All I can do really.

I hate ponces.
                    Why not keep lending him money and charge an exorbitant rate of interest? Then turn up at school covered in bling, calling yourself "Fingers" and muttering you'll take a digit for every day late he is.

tulip him right up and get a mean rep to boot.

Comment

Working...
                    X