• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This should raise the blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should raise the blood pressure

BBC News - Blackburn death crash driver will not be deported

4 months jail and can't be deported even though he's an illegal. Hooman rights act.

This is dreadful beyond words. My gast is well and truly flabbered!
    The law in this country truly is an ass!!

My 18-year old and his mate got bottled back in june by an illegal immigrant. The CPS decided they would not go for the "Battery" charge as they felt they had a better chance of getting him on a public disorder offence. He got away with a few weeks in clink and a £65 fine. My son was lucky not to lose an eye, and his mate had to have an operation to remove glass shards from his neck. Beyond a feckin joke!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Hooman rights act.
      Yup. You don't stop being human when you commit a crime. That's why it's called Human Rights and not People The Cut Of Whose Jib We Like Rights.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        Yup. You don't stop being human when you commit a crime.
        No, but it would appear that you have to forego most of those rights if you have the temerity to become a victim of a crime.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

not People The Cut Of Whose Jib We Like Rights
          Equating objection to those who threaten us, commit major crimes and to whom we have no duties to some motiveless predudice. Total idiot.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yup. You don't stop being human when you commit a crime.
            Human rights of a criminal should mean that he/she won't get tortured, will have right to due process etc - that's all.

The fact that he did not get life sentence (maybe with deportation after 20 years in jail) is totally bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              to whom we have no duties
              Again, we have duties to him because he is one of our fellow human beings. They are not particularly advanced duties, but they do include not deporting him to a warzone when he's got a British family.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Human rights of a criminal
                No. A criminal human is still fully human, and still has full human rights. He can lose civil rights, but that's different.

Comment

No. A criminal human is still fully human, and still has full human rights. He can lose civil rights, but that's different.
                  Listen - criminal loses a lot of rights, one of which right to remain where he is, right to see his family more than allowed by law etc.

That guy isn't even a citizen, he was here illegally and killed a young girl - managed to escape long jail sentence and now can remain here indefinately what a load of bollocks.

There is no human right to demand being able to remain or settle in this country - this area is controlled by immigration law, and so long as no torture involved or anything like this then deportation is in order.

Frankly any violent criminal who can be deported should be deported within hours of release.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X