• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow news?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow news?

Where's your snow news?

We've had a light sprinkling here and it's just started snowing again, lightly. Roads are fine at the moment. The weather forecast doesn't appear to be reliable, as even if I only look at the BBC site, the forecast can change from snowing over the next 4 days to no snow within hours.

Snow news is good news. That's what I say.

No snow here in the grim north, but I believe it will arrive on Saturday and stop on Monday.

Monday 7th March 2011 that is.

Comment

Coming down think n' fast here.

Took Mrs PL to work; 15 mins into town, 15 mins back, 30 mins trying to drive the 20m slope to my drive before giving up. Couldn't see the spot my car had been in either.

I'm going nowhere today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Took Mrs PL to work; 15 mins into town, 15 mins back, 30 mins trying to drive the 20m slope to my drive before giving up. Couldn't see the spot my car had been in either.

I'm going nowhere today.
        Winter tyres?

Snow chains?

4x4?

Comment

No snow in Central London or Farnborough, and clientco's pond is barely frozen.

Slightly chilly outside, but dead calm so we must be right in the eye of this blizzard.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Snow been forecast for two days and still forecasting it. So far nothing and rather sunny and pleasant.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Cold but no snow, falling or settled in Canary Wharf, was nothing at home in North London this morning either although had a quick flurry on my way home last night.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Winter tyres?

Snow chains?

4x4?
                Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

I'm going nowhere today.
                  You need a big back of rock salt from B&Q, you can't say you didn't see it coming. Smug.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Snow been forecast for two days and still forecasting it. So far nothing and rather sunny and pleasant.
                    Same here. Cars are still looking a bit frozen out in the street though. I'll have to venture out in a bit.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X