• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Becoming really tired of this country's attitude towards human rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becoming really tired of this country's attitude towards human rights

Without pride and prejudice and not wanting to sound right-wing (I'm anything but)

What would the British press headlines be if this story were in the UK?

Good on the pensioner I say...

Pensioner shoots dead teen intruder - The Local

Instead we have those limp wristed idealists coming out of the woodwork defending people like this..

BBC News - Blackburn death crash driver will not be deported I mean seriously? A man whose family has probably lived here for generations is trumped by this failed asylum seeker? This is wrong.

Throw away the keys for this... why is it even a story.

BBC News - Killer Kearney claims Royal Mail breached human rights
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Scottish prisons have had to pay about 20 million pounds in compensation to prisoners for slopping out because of the human rights act.

FFS, yer in prison.

Comment

I more and more wonder how the legal profession thinks about defending this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        I more and more wonder how the legal profession thinks about defending this sort of thing.
        Kerchiiing. I should think.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Kerching!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Indeed. If we could deport all lawyers that would really make a difference. It is quite ludicrous how simple cases where all the salient facts could be summarised on a couple of sheets of paper end up costing hundreds of k.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I wonder how many lawyers were involved in drafting the Hooman Rights laws?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Without pride and prejudice and not wanting to sound right-wing (I'm anything but)

Instead we have those limp wristed idealists coming out of the woodwork defending people like this..

BBC News - Blackburn death crash driver will not be deported I mean seriously? A man whose family has probably lived here for generations is trumped by this failed asylum seeker? This is wrong.

You've pointed to news from Germany, which is also a signatory to all the same human rights conventions and treaties as the UK, and has a much better record on human rights than most European countries. The issue can't be human rights themselves, but the interpretation in British courts.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  You've pointed to news from Germany, which is also a signatory to all the same human rights conventions and treaties as the UK, and has a much better record on human rights than most European countries. The issue can't be human rights themselves, but the interpretation in British courts.
                  I'm sorry, what was that about Germany having a good human rights record???

You're not one of those people that can explain away the 6 million pairs of shoes left over from the war are you?

They probably have a good record in recent years but they also have a bit of redressing to do.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

You cannot have it both ways.. it all goes with the territory of being a leftie. Perhaps you need to be a bit more honest with yourself these "rights" and "equality" policies are worn proudly by the left.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X