• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Credit Card Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Credit Card Game

Just activated my new chip 'n' pin Capital One Card. The grunt at the other end, goes through his script. Oh sir, as an existing customer I can offer you a balance transfer rate of 13.5%. You'll save loads if you're paying more!

Yeh right. Dumb ass.

Then he goes, what do you use your card. Oh I can see you paid off £9500 last month, did you transfer it elsewhere. Nah says I , just paid it off.

Capital One is a classic. Four years ago they decided that they would print cheque books and send them out to customers. These cheques are at the normal purchase rate of the card, but there is no fee. I have a credit balance of £9500. They sent me over a period of six months enough cheques for 4 years, with no expiry date.

So every 56/60 days or so I pay a cheque for £9500 into my bank account and pay it back in full at the end of each period.

Thanks capital one. Ive saved almost £2k of my mortgage to you and I still have a years cheques worth left.

Sweet.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Why don't you use a 0% card and do the balance transfer over 9 months?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Just activated my new chip 'n' pin Capital One Card. The grunt at the other end, goes through his script. Oh sir, as an existing customer I can offer you a balance transfer rate of 13.5%. You'll save loads if you're paying more!

Yeh right. Dumb ass.

Then he goes, what do you use your card. Oh I can see you paid off £9500 last month, did you transfer it elsewhere. Nah says I , just paid it off.

Capital One is a classic. Four years ago they decided that they would print cheque books and send them out to customers. These cheques are at the normal purchase rate of the card, but there is no fee. I have a credit balance of £9500. They sent me over a period of six months enough cheques for 4 years, with no expiry date.

So every 56/60 days or so I pay a cheque for £9500 into my bank account and pay it back in full at the end of each period.

Thanks capital one. Ive saved almost £2k of my mortgage to you and I still have a years cheques worth left.

Sweet.
      What's a "mortgage"?

Comment

Well done MF. That should go some way towards those fines for filing your accounts and tax return late

Comment

I saw a post on moneysavingexpert.com (great site for info on stoozing or "tarting" which is what you are ) where someone had a letter from the IR wanting to know where the money came from that was in and out of their account every other month. Think their bank sent up a red flag.

Comment

You're doomed MF
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

"moneysavingexpert.com "

Yeh. I post on there. But it wasnt me.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"moneysavingexpert.com "

What is a "money saving expert"? Do you discuss favourite Oxfam shops, and ways of ducking your round in the pub?

Comment

"moneysavingexpert.com "

I used to share university seminars with Martin Lewis. We both did similar degree courses at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                    I used to share university seminars with Martin Lewis. We both did similar degree courses at the same time.
                    Seems to me he has become famous for regurgitating advice that has been widely available fro some years before his website
                    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Working...
                    X