• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What god looks like

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What god looks like

What God looks like in your brain: Scans show more activity when religious people meditate | Mail Online

Hmm, appears to me that god is all in the mind.

I am not surprised to see that a religious person has large areas of the brain showing no activity.

Religion is the easy way to not have to think so much.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Hmm, appears to me that god is all in the mind.

Have you had a lot of Jehovah Witness visits lately or something?

Comment

What amazes me about these images is what the brain is doing when it's thinking. Literally increasing blood flow to the thinking areas. Pretty clever.

Comment

That part at the front that activates is called the Stupid Lobe, the middle bit is the Credulous Medulla which is greatly expanded by nervous breakdown and the rear part is the "I believe any old Bollox that I am taught" Lobe.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            I am not surprised to see that a religious person has large areas of the brain showing no activity.

Religion is the easy way to not have to think so much.
            What do you get out of insulting religious people?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              What do you get out of insulting religious people?
              He can't come up with anything more original, it's like jokes about bankers. Shame that he can't make an educated point though, the brain is normally dark in several areas (more so in some people than others).
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I never used to but so many make such a bloody nuisance of themselves. Numerous states throughout the world, even rich western ones like the US, impose religious derived laws with no shred of rationality on their citizens. Even here we cannot have a completely rational debate on issues like abortion or homosexuality or the right to die, we have to take account of irrational beliefs based on ancient text and faith.

Do I or anyone else attack those who believe in spiritualism or astrology? No, because they are private beliefs that don't impact the rest of us. Make you a deal, if you lot stop preaching at us about how we should live our lives, and more importantly, stop lobbying for laws that affect all of us on the basis of irrational beliefs and you won't hear a word from me.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I never used to but so many make such a bloody nuisance of themselves. Numerous states throughout the world, even rich western ones like the US, impose religious derived laws with no shred of rationality on their citizens. Even here we cannot have a completely rational debate on issues like abortion or homosexuality or the right to die, we have to take account of irrational beliefs based on ancient text and faith.

Do I or anyone else attack those who believe in spiritualism or astrology? No, because they are private beliefs that don't impact the rest of us. Make you a deal, if you lot stop preaching at us about how we should live our lives, and more importantly, stop lobbying for laws that affect all of us on the basis of irrational beliefs and you won't hear a word from me.
                  You seem to devote more words to your belief of non belief than any religious person on the board has ever written of their belief.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Do I or anyone else attack those who believe in spiritualism or astrology?
                    I do. But I save my venom for those who promote those scams to make money out of them. They need locking up to protect the gullible, the naïve and the ignorant from themselves.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X