• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's lurking at the back of your drinks cabinet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's that time of year again and Mrs Singh has despatched me to Tesco's tonight to replenish the drinks cabinet in preparation for the festive season.

I'll come back with all sorts of stuff I would never dream of buying: Bols Advocat, Baileys, Quantreaux for instance.

So I thought I'd go through the stocks before setting off and came across some wierd stuff from years ago: Stroh Run, Metaxa, Pernod and a bottle of homemade Sloe Gin that tastes like cough syrup.

So what's lurking in your drinks cabinet that remains like an unwanted pet you can't bring yourself to throw off a motorway bridge?

A bottle of stoorey Midoori, some blue curacao and some warninks that looks decidedly lumpy!
    If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Me usually.

Comment

A bottle of proper Absinthe the wife bought back from Prague a few years ago. I've no idea what to do with it so. apart from stitching a friend of mine up at a particularly boozy BBQ we had a couple of years ago. it's never been used.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Bugger all, booze doesn't get the chance to lurk.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Two bottles of Cachaça, some Ouzo, a Punt e Mes, a Poteen, Sloe Gin, a Luxardo Nero and a bottle of Gomme syrup.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I have a few bottles of 1926 Macallan whisky.

It's probably gone off so I'll use it for cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                I have a few bottles of 1926 Macallan whisky.

It's probably gone off so I'll use it for cooking.
                If unopened it won't go off.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  If unopened it won't go off.
                  And if I really had some I wouldn't be opening it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Bugger all, booze doesn't get the chance to lurk.
                    WHS.

Picked up a wee Ledaig at the shops. Keeping it for the cricket tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                    X