• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuck on the M1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on the M1

Trying to get to Gatwick airport (I know, I know...)

Junction 11 & 10 has completely stopped.

Sigh.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I imagine you've already read this:

Weather and travel update - 15.15

Gatwick's runway has now reopened. Our teams have safely cleared 10cm of snow from the runway itself, as well as taxiways and stands, and we were able to open the runway at 14:45, 15 minutes ahead of schedule.

Delays and cancellations will be inevitable for the rest of the day. Passengers should check with their airline before setting out for the airport.

easyJet, British Airways and Aer Lingus have cancelled all flights for the rest of the day.

Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates.
    Gatwick Airport | Parking, Hotels, Flight Information & Duty Free

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Trying to get to Gatwick airport (I know, I know...)

Sigh.
      Yep we had about 8 inches in Luton (fnar fnar). Get off the motorway and come to SY01 Towers, SY02 is making tea
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

No, I hadn't picked that up. Thanks for that TW.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Of course it has. It's Saturday afternoon. It's perfectly normal.

Come off at Junction 10 and visit SuitYou01 instead.

(I used to live just off J8).

EDIT:
          Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Yep we had about 8 inches in Luton (fnar fnar). Get off the motorway and come to SY01 Towers, SY02 is making tea
          WHS
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Of course it has. It's Saturday afternoon. It's perfectly normal.

Come off at Junction 10 and visit SuitYou01 instead.

(I used to live just off J8).
            Ah, a Hemel Hamster, figures

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Thanks for the offer SY01, but we may be stuck here for some time

Comment

Thanks for the offer SY01, but we may be stuck here for some time
                Well if it takes a very long time, junction 10A for Luton airport has hotels by the airport. The IBIS is nice I am told. Or Junction 9 has a harvester (and hotel a bit further up on the right) if you head back up towards Dunstabubble.

Comment

Which airline?

Easyjet have cancelled Gatwick departures until 18:20, after which departures are still showing as scheduled (currently).
                  Flight Departures Checker

Comment

Monarch ( we're going out 6.25 tomorrow but thought we'd get there early...)

Comment

Working...
                    X