• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kindle - 3G option

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle - 3G option

I am going to buy a Kindle, but not sure about the 3G option.

Can this be used for anything other than just browsing Kindle books - eg, could the 3G Kindle also be used for email etc, or even used as a 3G connection to a laptop?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I am going to buy a Kindle, but not sure about the 3G option.

Can this be used for anything other than just browsing Kindle books - eg, could the 3G Kindle also be used for email etc, or even used as a 3G connection to a laptop?
    I have the 3G version. It does have an 'experimental' web browser in it for t'internet access, but it's not great. Better than nothing though. I haven;t tried it for accessing webmail, but see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
    X