• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas shopping list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas shopping list

One very large, chunky tyred 4x4 with trick diffs and hill descent control.

Anyone here going to switch to a 4x4?

We've had a run of terrible winters and according to the solar experts, we may be entering (another) mini ice age that might last several hundred years.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 20 December 2010, 09:49.

Aygo's have a 4x4 version
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Somewhat luckily I traded in my crappy Ford Focus for a lovely Land Rover Discovery in November.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
        Somewhat luckily I traded in my crappy Ford Focus for a lovely Land Rover Discovery in November.
        Smug

Comment

The wife's had a 4x4 for a few years now. We originally got it because some of the kerbs near the school are quite high but it's worth its weight in gold in this weather.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

4x4's are just as crap on an icy patch if not worse, this has been discussed before and the consensus was a small FWD diesel with narrow tyres is best.

Personaly...

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I haven't seen a single large Chelsea tractor stuck or abandoned, just hundreds of small FWD crappy little cars and every single BMW and Merc in the NE.

PS. I'm not talking about the 2 inches of snow down south but the 3 feet of snow up north we get from November to April every year.

Comment

I am considering to go 4x4 for my next motor, not just for winters but for on site too. I hear the TT is 4WD
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Winter wonders: Fed up with the freeze? Not if you're making a killing selling slip-on crampons, slankets - or snoods for men... | Mail Online

Slip-on crampons, slankets, lumberjack shirts, shovels, sledges, foreign holidays and Land Rovers are selling well according to the Mail

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    3 feet of snow up north we get from November to April every year.
                    Why did you move there? Surely Swindon could not have been that bad...

Comment

Working...
                    X