• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn

Last week I got an email from an internal recruiter (not an agent) on Linkedin for a bank. Tomorrow I have a tech interview with some guy from the US and then on Wednesday, 2 of their people are seeing me in their London offices with the view to a 6 month contract in Manchester. Get in there. I knew that LinkedIn would come in useful at some point! I still have 5 months of my JPM contract to run so I'm not in an y rush to go. Nice to be wanted!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Have had a similar experience. For some reason or other clients seem more willing to explore alternatives to recruitment as opposed to just picking up the phone to the first agency. My own feeling is my clients are giving more caution to how money is spent and on what. Needlessly spending pounds on agents is starting to loose it's appeal.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X