• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Concussion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concussion

Missus took a blow to the head on Friday in the shop. Something heavy fell off and hit her on the head.

She's had a headache and felt ill since Friday, but when she saw the doctor they checked her and said nothing was too wrong.

Last night she had a dizzy spell and then had to go to bed about 8pm. This morning she has been in tears & feels sick, with the spot really painful.

Just going to take her to the hospital? But will they do anything?

Anyone had concussion?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

This guy should be along soon...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Missus took a blow to the head on Friday in the shop. Something heavy fell off and hit her on the head.

She's had a headache and felt ill since Friday, but when she saw the doctor they checked her and said nothing was too wrong.

Last night she had a dizzy spell and then had to go to bed about 8pm. This morning she has been in tears & feels sick, with the spot really painful.

Anyone had concussion?
      I haven't been concussed yet, but I did see someone have snow fall on her head yesterday. She threw a tantrum as soon as it happened and almost smashed a shop window.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Something heavy fell off and hit her on the head.
        not a sledge by any chance?

I've never had concussion, but I knew someone who once told me that when he was concussed he did odd things for a while. He'd fallen off a ladder and went wandering around outside, and phoned up an ex girl friend talking gibberish.

Comment

Sue the owner for millions.

How's your insurance? You might never have to work again.

On Friday evening? Probably diagnosed "drunk and hungover" and disregarded her.

Get her up to Casualty.

Check for fractures / scan for internal bleeding / hit her knee with a hammer / shine a torch in her eyes / get her to do funny finger exercises.

Anyone had concussion?
          Seen the effects. Cheaper than drugs.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I did wonder whether I could sue my own insurance.

She put a lamp up on a high shelf to check it. Later she bent down and moved a box, pulling the lead. The lamp had a sharp pointed top and it hit her on the head.

She then tried to carry on serving but a customer pointed out she had blood down her face.

I know what you're thinking. Yes. The lamp was OK.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Only seen one person concussed, he was out for a couple of days, talking nonsence for half a day.

Comment

"it can go on for weeks" is what the girly said.

I'll send you the invoice for that private consultation.

Comment

Business must be booming at Marillion mansions. Goods are flying off the shelves.

Comment

My dad fell over in the snow last Jan - knocked himself unconscious.
                    Seemed fine for a bit

But by the end of March was very ill and paralyzed due to slow bleeding on the brain as a result on the blow to the back of his head.
                    Two holes in his head and 10 months later he's fine.

Not trying to scare you, but injures to the head are not to be taken lightly - especially as you get older.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X