• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

insulted by web hosting company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insulted by web hosting company

cut a long story short, been trying to sort out my email server, which has involved dealing with my host to set up A and mx records, which has resulted in the following, if you do a reverse lookup

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
    iamtoodumbtosetupdns.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.hitfarm.com

now on the phone with my host supplier

Si

Comment

A few days ago I was too dumb not to totally ignore a new "self diagnosis tool" provided by my hosters. Tried it because my mails seemed to be not getting through, followed the instructions to fix the "fault" revealed and the site has not worked since. Still trying to get them to sort it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        A few days ago I was too dumb not to totally ignore a new "self diagnosis tool" provided by my hosters. Tried it because my mails seemed to be not getting through, followed the instructions to fix the "fault" revealed and the site has not worked since. Still trying to get them to sort it.
        If (originally) only some of your emails were not getting through and some were being delivered it was probably due to your ip address being on a blocked list rather than a config error on your server. You can search here to see http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso.

Comment

Cheers. When (if) I get the website back will look at that.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X