• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today I are mostly been...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I are mostly been...

remarkably productive for a change.

Knocked up a couple of scripts to overcome the general crappyness of Lotus Notes and it's lack of mail merge functionality to send a couple of thousand unique emails without having to do each one individually.

This coding lark is a piece of piss, don't know what you lot moan about. And I don't even know .Net!

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I think you should go home and have a stiff drink.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Well done

Have a look at templating the mails for future use and then you can just provide keys into the template and these will be replaced in the template and mail them out.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        remarkably productive for a change.

Upgraded to Exchange.

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          This coding lark is a piece of piss, don't know what you lot moan about.
          We know, HTH!

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            FTFY
            Sadly they moved to Notes FROM Exchange, before my time here though.

Corporate merger where they were Mummy* and as a result the mail system was switched to the new "Corporate Standard".

*Got the shaft rather than giving it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
            X