• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cable v. Satellite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable v. Satellite

Vince Cable: I declared war on Murdoch.

He'll be gone by teatime, I expect. What could possibly have led him to brag about his influence to two attractive young female journalists?

Is this really a story?

It's like one of those wikileaks, we all knew what they're thinking we've just never heard it spoken. Such a non-story.

And ps: Shame on the tories for hiding not showing their support. We're all in this together
    Last edited by scooterscot; 21 December 2010, 16:52.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Vince is like granny in the corner. Sometimes he says something silly or breaks wind, but it is ignored and everyone carries on as normal. At least I hope so, ignore him that is.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        He'll be gone by teatime, I expect. What could possibly have led him to brag about his influence to two attractive young female journalists?
        Cameron should have sacked him once he confirmed his words about him going and whole Govt collapsing.

With BskyB he walked into big trap as now he won't be able to make any decision regarding that issue.

And don't remind me about CGT increase!

How was I wrong about it.

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Vince is like granny in the corner. Sometimes he says something silly or breaks wind, but it is ignored and everyone carries on as normal. At least I hope so, ignore him that is.
            He was threatening that he could bring the government down earlier today.

Is it all getting to him?
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Always thought Vince was a lightweigt, more of a stammering old grandad than dynamic leader. See this I terview as he gets a pasting....

YouTube - Guy News: Cable's Flip Flop Smack Down
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Weak of Cameron not to sack him. Sends all the wrong signals.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Weak of Cameron not to sack him. Sends all the wrong signals.
                  I think Mr Cable was put on notice now, this includes his party also.

"In a statement, a Downing Street spokesman said: "Following comments made by Vince Cable to the Daily Telegraph, the Prime Minister has decided that he will play no further part in the decision over News Corporation's proposed takeover of BSkyB."

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-comments.html

Comment

The only reason Cable is in the cabinet is because he had celebrity status because the public (including me I'm afraid) thought he appeared to be a sensible chap. Now various news items have exposed him as a dick or brought to the public attention attitudes that they were not aware of, I think there would be no great problem removing him.

Still, isn't he to appear in Strictly Come Dancing? (The missus watches it!) What do inconsistency and daft viewpoints matter? Maybe they should abolish elections and have "Celebrity Cabinet" where minor celebrites all have a go at running the country and we use phone votes to get them out one by one. Might get more sense and democracy than we do at the moment, come to think of it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X