• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benitez

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benitez

class man class manager

come home rafa . . . . come home

Comment

Hasn't been sacked (yet).

However perfect situation would be Rafa sacked, Capello gets Inter job, Hodgson gets England job.

Rafa is a good manager, he had issues with GG/TH and that was part of the reason for leaving. They have now gone so who knows.

His last season @ liverpool was tarnished, but if he returned then it might help Torres/Reina etc..

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

However perfect situation would be Rafa sacked, Capello gets Inter job, Hodgson gets England job.

Rafa is a good manager, he had issues with GG/TH and that was part of the reason for leaving. They have now gone so who knows.

His last season @ liverpool was tarnished, but if he returned then it might help Torres/Reina etc..
        agreed

you may want to add purslow into the equation for last season, and certain local players whispering in his ear

but like you said we have new owners now and think that rafa and NESV and a pretty similar philosophy and would be a good fit . . . can't see it happening though i'm afraid (

Comment

As a Man U supporter there is nothing I'd like to see more than the fat waiter back at Anfield, but he's not a good manager. He spent a load of money and won very little. He gifted the EPL to us when Liverpool were running away with i6t in his second to last season. His CL win was done with Houlliers (spelling!) team, a team he then went on to make worse. OK he won the plastic treble.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Be careful what you wish for.
            • Rafa is busily weaving his magic at Inter.
            • Hodgson is a journeyman manager who might get Liverpool back into the top six but he's no genius.
            • Nobody will succeed as England manager, so there's no point in changing yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              As a Man U supporter there is nothing I'd like to see more than the fat waiter back at Anfield, but he's not a good manager. He spent a load of money and won very little. He gifted the EPL to us when Liverpool were running away with i6t in his second to last season. His CL win was done with Houlliers (spelling!) team, a team he then went on to make worse. OK he won the plastic treble.
              let me guess you tune into SSN on a daily basis and read the sun (or another insightful red top)

even the achievements you're crediting him with are wrong

you don't deserve to be put right

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                That treble was a fine achievement actually, but it was under Houllier in 2001.

Otherwise I'd more or less agree with all that. In his five years (or was it six I can't remember) he bought 80 players.

Comment

you can't judge him on the number of players bought. He was forced into buying cheap players and trying to turn over a profit. Which he did quite well on most players.
                  He made some very good buys and a fair few stinkers.

I don't believe that the CL triumph on 2005 was down to GH. Rafa masterminded some great wins to get to the final. Plus he also got us to the final in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    That treble was a fine achievement actually, but it was under Houllier in 2001.

Otherwise I'd more or less agree with all that. In his five years (or was it six I can't remember) he bought 80 players.
                    that figure includes the best part of 40-50 youth players (the LFC youth system needed a mass overhaul and rafa started to put this into place), ask yourself when player aquisitions for wenger, fergie, any chealsea / spurs manager are mentioned do they include the youth figure totals?

of the 1st team players he bought during his tenure the net spend was around £90m

from when he took over to when he left there were only two players who he inherited (carra and gerrard), the rest were his buys

so over 5 season he spent £90m on a whole new squad of players

so thats around £16m a season to build a championship winning squad,(i could dig out the real figures which are think are acutally lower then this) you tell me who could build a winning side on that budget? considering he had to sell the likes of bellamy and garcia to fund the purchase of torres

no-one is saying he didn't make bad signing (if a top manager has a 50% success rate he doing well) but the constant quoting of "he had £250m to spend" "he bought so many players" is media agenda driven bollox, which the ignorant masses lap up becuase they're too lazy to think for themselves

Comment

Working...
                    X