• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest gadget/fad purchases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest gadget/fad purchases

I just had some of these delivered:

And now, along with all my other winter/ski gear, am hoping the whole country gets iced over in one great snowpocalypse, just so I can get kitted out 'bear grylls' style and mock lesser mortals.

But seriously - Mrs RH has asked me to test a range of these as the NHS may have need of such anti-slip footwear for all the oldies that slip and do themselves serious damage. I have found that they're excellent for all surfaces except laminate flooring. Where they're ruddy lethal.

Any interesting and unnecessary toys/gadgets bought by the congregation recently?

Speaking of buying things...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Anyone know MF's email address?

Comment

Just this:

Comment

I'm tempted by those crampons too, at the risk of repeating myself a third time. A bit pricey though.

I've also been considering upgrading my el cheapo broken camera to another more modern el cheapo camera. But my first visit to Amazon seems to have provided something suitable.

Fujifilm FinePix AX250 Digital Camera - Black 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Hmm, is endless traipsing around the shops in sale or the internet going to trump that? £70.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Anyone know MF's email address?
              [email protected]

HTH

Comment

I'm hoping to buy a new sofa

AtW

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I'm tempted by those crampons too, at the risk of repeating myself a third time. A bit pricey though.

I've also been considering upgrading my el cheapo broken camera to another more modern el cheapo camera. But my first visit to Amazon seems to have provided something suitable.

Fujifilm FinePix AX250 Digital Camera - Black 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Hmm, is endless traipsing around the shops in sale or the internet going to trump that? £70.
                  Someone recommended summat similar for Mary Poppins or Cailin Maith recently, but not as expensive as RH's ones. Was it TykeMerc???
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Someone recommended summat similar for Mary Poppins or Cailin Maith recently, but not as expensive as RH's ones. Was it TykeMerc???
                    I bunged some links up early this year when there was loads of snow and ice, the ex wife had bought some that work a treat.

I'll see if I can track down the post.

Comment

Working...
                    X