• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

N Korea preparing for "sacred war". Yikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N Korea preparing for "sacred war". Yikes

BEEB report
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

What does this mean for the contract market?
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Could it be the Chinese are quietly hoping there will be a war, to give them the pretext to march into North Korea and occupy it?

North Korea would be a great source of cheap labour for them, and a huge growth opportunity starting from essentially zero (and it would soak up a lot of investment capital which AIUI is currently swilling around in the Chinese economy threatening to raise inflation).
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Nice traffic wardens

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

"The geiger counter says you will be dead in 2 days so I'm off to the swamp to drink hooch and make jokes"

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            What does this mean for the contract market?
            Boomed

Comment

There must be a bunch of US subs ready to deliver a nuclear payload.

I am sure I said it on here last year the conflict will get to that level.

I just hope that loser in The Whitehouse has the balls to punch in the codes when they start targeting civilian populations in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                There must be a bunch of US subs ready to deliver a nuclear payload.

I am sure I said it on here last year the conflict will get to that level.

I just hope that loser in The Whitehouse has the balls to punch in the codes when they start targeting civilian populations in the south.
                I don't.

China might not think much of North Korea, but they are their ally.

US nukes China's little buddy in the east, China retaliates by nuking the US's little buddy in the west... us.

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post
                  I don't.

China might not think much of North Korea, but they are their ally.

US nukes China's little buddy in the east, China retaliates by nuking the US's little buddy in the west... us.
                  China will stand by and watch as long as they just nuke the firing ranges pointed as Seoul, 70,000 guns they have pointed at the city.

Who do China want as friends? North Korea or the US?

Comment

Does NK actually have a working bomb? And do they have a way of delivering it?

Besides, couldn't the north win the war by conventional means?

Edit: I've just read TFI and it says:

North Korea probably has fissile material for up to 9 nuclear weapons,[94] and has the capability to deploy nuclear warheads on intermediate-range ballistic missiles.
                    Last edited by swamp; 24 December 2010, 12:25.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X