• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Now banks relax mortgage loan rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: Now banks relax mortgage loan rules

As if houses prices aren't high enough already, and as if personal debt isn't high enough already! BBC here.
    People who have a poor credit history or are self employed are finding it easier to borrow money to buy a home, market analyst Datamonitor has said. Banks are increasingly willing to relax their rules because the mainstream market is saturated, Datamonitor said.
    This seems utterly crazy, if you consider that average house prices have topped 200 grand, and this:

Caller deluge hits debt helplines
    Both the Citizens Advice Bureau and Consumer Credit Counselling Service have said their debt advice lines have had more calls than normal for January. National Debtline had 12,000 calls in the first two weeks of January - making it the busiest month since it was set up in 1987.
    Have banks not got any strategic thoughts in their heads?

....a last blow in a tau t balloon ?
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 20 February 2006, 14:20.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

The Earl of Oxford declared that Spain would permit two ships, in addition to the annual ship, to carry out merchandise during the first year... [but] the first voyage of the annual ship was not made till the year 1717 [the deal had been made six years earlier], and in the following year the trade was suppressed by the rupture with Spain.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

According to some on here the bubble was going to burst in 2001. 5 years later it still hasn't happened!

One thing it's taught me is to never listen to any advice on this board
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I can calculate the movement of the stars, but NOT the madness of men.

Comment

[DOOM]
            Well just to get this in perspective, in 1997 analysts warned that shares were overvaluated, and in 2001 they dropped below 1997 valuations, and in 2001 analysts predicted that the housing crash would be around 2003, so 2 years isn't long for an overdue crash.
            [/DOOM]
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              [DOOM]
              Well just to get this in perspective, in 1997 analysts warned that shares were overvaluated, and in 2001 they dropped below 1997 valuations, and in 2001 analysts predicted that the housing crash would be around 2003, so 2 years isn't long for an overdue crash.
              [/DOOM]
              No but 3 years is!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Oh! may some western tempest sweep
                These locusts whom our fruits have fed,
                That plague, directors, to the deep,
                Driven from the South Sea to the Red!
                May he, whom Nature’s law obey,
                Who lifts the poor, and sinks the proud,
                ‘Quiet the raging of the sea,
                And still the madness of the crowds!
                But never shall our isle have rest,
                Till those devouring swine run down,
                (The devils leaving the possest)
                And headlong in the waters drown.
                The nation then too late will find,
                Computing all their cost and trouble,
                Directors’ promises but wind,
                South Sea at best, a mighty bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                  ....a last blow in a taught balloon ?
                  How do you teach a balloon? And even if you can, what does a taught balloon have to do with house prices? Granted you could exhibit it at a freak show and make lots of money to pay off your mortgage. I certainly would pay good money to see a taught balloon. Could it walk on stilts? Sit up and beg?
                  Do the crossword?
                  The mind boggles.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

And the benefits of house price inflation are .....??????????

Comment

Working...
                    X