• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock news IT Project delivered on time and on budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock news IT Project delivered on time and on budget

Me me me me me look at me

As part of my ongoing networking and general touting for work I took on a development project recently. I did the business analysis, wrote the spec, did the design, estimates, coding (not that rusty ), unit testing, integration testing, system integration testing and handed it over for UAT today.

It passed first time. NewClientCo was literally gobsmacked. I have plenty more work coming my way from this new contact

All those years of working on projects that are delivered late, over budget, sitting their knowing that the project manager is incompetent, the developers are cowboys and no one really cares, to this.

Now I'll wager that most CUKers will not be that impressed with this, as you are all consumate professionals who do this day in day out for your clients, but it is most gratifying to deliver a quality service and I for one am chuffed to bits.

That is all.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

As part of my ongoing networking and general touting for work I took on a development project recently. I did the business analysis, wrote the spec, did the design, estimates, coding (not that rusty ), unit testing, integration testing, system integration testing and handed it over for UAT today.

It passed first time. NewClientCo was literally gobsmacked. I have plenty more work coming my way from this new contact

All those years of working on projects that are delivered late, over budget, sitting their knowing that the project manager is incompetent, the developers are cowboys and no one really cares, to this.

Now I'll wager that most CUKers will not be that impressed with this, as you are all consumate professionals who do this day in day out for your clients, but it is most gratifying to deliver a quality service and I for one am chuffed to bits.

That is all.
    Well done, I'm impressed, especially with all the time you spend/waste on here. You're either very good at your job, or brilliant at self-promotion. In either case, you deserve a star!

(and yes you're no longer on my ignore list, you were never really offensive enough to merit it)
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

That is all.
      It was a spreadsheet wasn't it? Admit it.

Suityou pitches for work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wefWgFH1M
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Contractors are meant to run projects over time.

Comment

So you did the estimates? So obviously you estimated how long it would take you and then multiplied by the magic number = 2.4132617. Can't fail. Exactly the same number applies when working out how much cement you need to do a buiilding job for some reason.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            So you did the estimates? So obviously you estimated how long it would take you and then multiplied by the magic number = 2.4132617. Can't fail. Exactly the same number applies when working out how much cement you need to do a buiilding job for some reason.
            Have you rounded that up? It will lead to a missed project if you don't go to at least 15 d.p.

Comment

I did the business analysis, wrote the spec, did the design, estimates, coding (not that rusty ), unit testing, integration testing, system integration testing and handed it over for UAT today.
              Imagine how early you could have delivered the project if you'd just got on with the actual work?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

That is all.
                Did the BA, wrote the spec, did the design, did the coding, did the testing, wrote the theme tune, sung the theme tune.

Comment

Well done, you delivered a $40 PHP project you won on RentaCoder.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Imagine how early you could have delivered the project if you'd just got on with the actual work?
                    Actually, I would posit that SY's habit of spending his billing time on CUK is directly responsible for the project success. It kept him away from the project so people could get it done without his ham-fisted attempts to 'help'.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X