• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Photo & Video Personal Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Photo & Video Personal Website

OTP to my old dear(blah blah blah). Can you send some photo's of the kids where(blah blah blah)

Then

I dislike social websites. I dislike the idea of Facebook. I'm not over keen on the photo share sites either.

But. Is there a concept of a photo/video come family/family tree come secure/personalised web come sychronisation style hosting/web company.

Something where a family can load & keep videos & photos in a secure environment where other's can access securely/download and upload from smart phones or laptops. Something which will keep this media for prosperity, even keeping it as a family tree and/or keeping it in ages for members of the family(little MF aged 3,4,5,6). Buy the software from PCWorld(all in one)??

Something so simple even a doddery 70+ year old can access as if going to a website?

Plan B? Or does something exist.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Can't you knock something up with Joomla or similar?

Create your own users that can submit content etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      OTP to my old dear(blah blah blah). Can you send some photo's of the kids where(blah blah blah)

Then

I dislike social websites. I dislike the idea of Facebook. I'm not over keen on the photo share sites either.

But. Is there a concept of a photo/video come family/family tree come secure/personalised web come sychronisation style hosting/web company.

Something where a family can load & keep videos & photos in a secure environment where other's can access securely/download and upload from smart phones or laptops. Something which will keep this media for prosperity, even keeping it as a family tree and/or keeping it in ages for members of the family(little MF aged 3,4,5,6). Buy the software from PCWorld(all in one)??

Something so simple even a doddery 70+ year old can access as if going to a website?

Plan B? Or does something exist.
      Google docs?
      Share photos with friends and family
      Picasa Web Albums Features

Comment

I'd go down using snapfish and create an album for family members to view - then if they like the pics then can order them

or the joomla picture viewer route

Comment

It's been a couple of years since I looked at it, but JAlbum might be worth a look. They offer hosting but you can do your own (Plan B potential?). It's written in Java and more importantly free.

I shouldn't need to say this but I got burned by media formats this week, so I will. Pick formats that can be viewed on any platform - mobiles, tablets, net-thingies, the lot.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

dropbox!

The Ultimate Dropbox Toolkit & Guide
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Posterous?

Comment

Ancestry allows you to build family trees which can be shared. (I don't think you have to pay) You can upload pictures and other family documents. You can also keep the tree private if you want and just allow access for your family.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

flickr

Comment

Add Coppermine to your website.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...