• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

White Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Christmas

'Walking in a winter wonderland.'

We've got a white Christmas, its chocking it down here. Christmas is celebrated today in Germany where in the afternoon, families get together and open the presents and sit down to a large meal. Frau D. is currently working but when she gets home we go and visit the inlaws, listen to carols round the tree, eat cake and drink coffee then open the presents. Tomorrow I have a number of German friends round where I'll be cooking a traditional English Christmas meal along with plenty of refreshment and fun and games (wii, PS2 and xBox games.)

On New Year I normally celebrate twice, First the German one and then an hour later the British one but this year I've decided to celebrate every time zone

Have a good one...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

It must be a European thing, a friend always did the same, she's got relatives in the Czech republic and they always celebrated Christmas today so she grew up having Christmas two days in a row
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

It is indeed a European thing. A couple of years ago I was doing some last minute shopping on Christmas Eve and after 4 pm the streets emptied in about 5 minutes flat.

It's wonderfully quiet now. Not a sound to be heard. Snowing but not settling yet. There's hope for a white Christmas Day yet. Santa brought a new camera so I'm hoping to get some practice on scenery shots tomorrow.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

3 degrees C is a cake walk now. Pleasantly and refreshingly balmy even with the wind up and the rain. And rumour is it's going to get much hotter over the week, perhaps 8 degrees C or more.

Comment

Working...
        X