• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still here???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still here???

Anyone else still stuck at work?
    It's gone 2pm and I'd been told someone would come round and say that we could, "go early" today, and still bill for the full day.
    Seems that's not happening just yet - if you're reading this and you should be wandering the offices telling people to go home, then get on with it.
    And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Go home. If anyone asks, just say a bloke off the internet said it was ok.

Have a good one.

Comment

In the office...

Comment

Nothing broken - Check
        Timesheet signed - Check
        Stationery cupboard raided - Check

Get your coat
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Still here.

Boss tried to stiff me a week into this contract when I worked 12:30-20:30 after a doctors apppointment and he didn't realise I had stayed late.

Near the end of the contract and can't be bothered with causing any issues, staying in the smoke for Christmas with the wife for company.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
            Anyone else still stuck at work?
            It's gone 2pm and I'd been told someone would come round and say that we could, "go early" today, and still bill for the full day.
            Seems that's not happening just yet - if you're reading this and you should be wandering the offices telling people to go home, then get on with it.
            I assume the permies have all left? Or are all already on holiday?
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
            X