• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sofa sales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sofa sales

I am tempted to give it a go tomorrow but I don't really like massive crowds of people buying my sofas, is it worth bothering in the first place, maybe wait until January?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am tempted to give it a go tomorrow but I don't really like massive crowds of people buying my sofas, is it worth bothering in the first place, maybe wait until January?
    If you wait until January VAT will have risen to 20% and your sofa will cost you an extra £5.00, so it is best not to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      If you wait until January VAT will have risen to 20% and your sofa will cost you an extra £5.00, so it is best not to wait.
      A £5 saving for a sofa is not something that would worry most people buying a sofa for £1,000. I suggest that the extra 2.5% VAT increase will not make very much difference to most people considering a large purchase. There may be a noticeable difference over a twelve month period but not for specific large items unless the amount being spent is considerably more such as major building work or a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
        Sensible stuff
        But I suspect a
        Wooooooooooooosh
        is called for!

Comment

2.5% x £1000 = £25!

I am off to get one of those overpriced, long to deliver, bad quality sofas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            2.5% x £1000 = £25!

I am off to get one of those overpriced, long to deliver, bad quality sofas!!!
            Negotiate hard AtW. They always knock off another 10%. fact.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would go to John Lewis when they open again and buy one from them or order online now.
              Their clearance are quite good.

Comment

AtW's Sofa
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh a Sale is on at a sofa company.. now there is a novel concept....not!! They are on 365 days a year so I wouldn't bother, just wait till it is quieter and go to the Jan Sale, Feb Sale yadda yadda..
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X