• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Snow in Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Snow in Australia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12035944

Dozens of residents were evacuated from their homes in the remote town of Carnarvon, some 900 kilometers north of Perth, after a staggering 30 centimeters of rain caused what the Telegraph has called the region's worst flooding in 50 years, damaging crops and cattle stations. Meanwhile, residents in east coast states New South Wales and Victoria experienced a rare "White Christmas"-style start to their holiday week, after a cold spell left up to 10 centimeters of snow covering many of the area's ski resorts, which are usually snow-free this time of year.

This is the third successive coldest summer for Australia. So much for AGW.
    Last edited by Paddy; 25 December 2010, 16:39.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Monster Blizzard expected in the USA.

Snowmageddon II: Monster blizzard to bomb New England? | Watts Up With That?

probably just a freak snow storm, I´m sure it´ll warm up in January.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's just weather innit? Nothing to do with the climate. Just ask sasguru.........he'll be along to elaborate soon, I have little doubt.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
      X