• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My drive this morning...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My drive this morning...

Only took 4 hours (300km) whereas last Monday it took 6! Managed to get out of my road with minimal grounding out problems but the first sharp turn caused the car to perform an exotic ballet maneuver. A5 motorway was quite empty and pretty clear. A45 motorway started off okay and gradually got worse. Overtaking lane was primarily slush or snow and it was either foggy or snowing. Came to one of the many bridges (there are over 70 on this motorway) and cars in front started putting on hazard lights and moving onto the hard shoulder. I put on mine and slowly braked, to no real effect as the car continued to proceed at a leisurely pace towards the one in front, black ice! Saw what the problem was, White Van Man had taken out the central reservation. Meanwhile the lorry behind me was getting nearer in my rear view mirror but stopped in time. The lorry behind him though was having a slight problem with his trailer starting to overtake the tractor. Waiting for an impact which luckily never came. Continued on, the A1 was closed but on the other side where this time a lorry had decided to jackknife and even managed to get over 150kmh at points. Got to work and the streets are thick with snow making them practically impassable in my car although I managed. Unable to park in the streets due to the height of the snow so tried the underground car park for the first time (didn't know I was allowed to use it until last week) so the car is snug for the moment. Next comes the drive to the hotel...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

A5, A45, A1... do you work in Peterborough?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      A5, A45, A1... do you work in Peterborough?
      Nope, Münster NRW.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
      X