• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the point

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point

of working today?

I am not even a contactor chasing the dollar, I am permie, but have been pretty much forced intoworking today which is totally pointless as nobody is in work.

Started at 6:30 so I can bugger off by 2:30, but, even so, this is a very looong boring day.

I suppose I could start to think about my Personal development Review

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    of working today?

I am not even a contactor chasing the dollar, I am permie, but have been pretty much forced intoworking today which is totally pointless as nobody is in work.

Started at 6:30 so I can bugger off by 2:30, but, even so, this is a very looong boring day.

I suppose I could start to think about my Personal development Review
    You're permie!?

How long ago did that happen?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      You're permie!?

How long ago did that happen?
      Around two and a half long years ago.

Option to extend contract was revoked, so had to jump ship, or go permie.

Really like the variety of IT where I am working, and getting a stack of training courses under my belt so cannot grumble too much I guess......

You know you have been somewhere too long were people say hello calling you by name, and you don't even recognise their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Around two and a half long years ago.

Option to extend contract was revoked, so had to jump ship, or go permie.

Really like the variety of IT where I am working, and getting a stack of training courses under my belt so cannot grumble too much I guess......

You know you have been somewhere too long were people say hello calling you by name, and you don't even recognise their faces.
        LOL!

Good luck!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

When I was younger, single and a permie, I usually just went in the days in between as there was never any work to do, you would go in late, you could surf, play lan games, 2 hour lunch and leave early.

That way I could save the holiday days.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            When I was younger, single and a permie, I usually just went in the days in between as there was never any work to do, you would go in late, you could surf, play lan games, 2 hour lunch and leave early.

Me too. As an added bonus the roads were empty as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Strictly contracting and sounds like my day tomorrow.........lol

Comment

I am working this week wed-fri and loving it. Quiet at work, very quiet on the roads and parking spaces first come first serve (meaning I dont have to park 10 mins walk away). I only have 3 weeks left on my contract as well so will squeeze every penny i can get out of this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Same here and the trains were empty too.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Parking spaces, my arse. I saw one which I tried to slip into and got stuck on the snow (which had frozen overnight) and ice. After 5 minutes of producing a lot of smoke and tulip someone kindly came out of an office and together we managed to get me out. Going round the corner was a woman who was now stuck and as someone did a good turn for me I helped push her out.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X