• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great actors of our time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great actors of our time?

I'm thinking really actors who would be considered active this century rather than past greats. So Ledger is eligible but Bogart ain't.

I'll start with the obvious: Michael Caine
    I'll also nominate: Johnny Depp

I'll tally them up if the thread stays organised enough
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm thinking really actors who would be considered active this century rather than past greats. So Ledger is eligible but Bogart ain't.

I'll start with the obvious: Michael Caine
    I'll also nominate: Johnny Depp

I'll tally them up if the thread stays organised enough
    Michael Caine is not a great actor. He's like Sean Connery. You see a film and think 'Oh look, it's Michael Caine'. 'Not a lot of people know that'

De Niro would be my nomination and I would second Depp.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Kevin Spacey for me with another nomination for Denzel Washington.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Michael Caine is not a great actor. He's like Sean Connery. You see a film and think 'Oh look, it's Michael Caine'. 'Not a lot of people know that'
        I don't know, that recent film he did as an OAP who takes the law into his own hands was pretty damn good. George Bush and Tony Blair were pretty damn convincing actors weren't they?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Kevin Spacey for me
          I haven't seen him in enough... American Beauty and K-PAX he was great, but he was a colossal let-down in Superman Returns. Any recommendations for other films he's shone in?

I nominate: Tom Hanks.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Leonardo Di Caprio
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

On pure acting ability has to be Sean Penn.

Helena Bonham-Carter in the actress category.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Any recommendations for other films he's shone in?
                The Usual Suspects and Pay it Forward were good IMHO.

I also rate Tom Hanks
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

Helena Bonham-Carter in the actress category.
                  And Jodie Foster too.

Comment

Antony Hopkins

Silence of the Lambs, Remains of the Day, Fracture, Joe Black.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X