• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things really are getting better under the tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things really are getting better under the tories

Oh well. Its always someone else's fault.

Britons to spend first five months paying tax - Telegraph

Tax Freedom Day is the day when Britons begin working for themselves rather than the taxman and falls on May 30 in 2011, compared to May 27 this year, the Adam Smith Institute revealed.

The main reason for the three extra days is the rise in Value Added Tax, which increases from 17.5 per cent to 20 per cent on January 4.

Tom Clougherty, executive director of the Adam Smith Institute, described Britons as being “desperately overtaxed”.

He said: “As well as hitting every household in the country, the VAT hike is going to dent consumer confidence and put a dampener on our economic recovery.”
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Tax Freedom Day is the day when Britons begin working for themselves rather than the taxman and falls on May 30 in 2011, compared to May 27 this year, the Adam Smith Institute revealed.

The main reason for the three extra days is the rise in Value Added Tax, which increases from 17.5 per cent to 20 per cent on January 4.

Tom Clougherty, executive director of the Adam Smith Institute, described Britons as being “desperately overtaxed”.

He said: “As well as hitting every household in the country, the VAT hike is going to dent consumer confidence and put a dampener on our economic recovery.”
    Thanks for that. Always enlightening to get a retard's view on how the economy is progressing!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

That's the sort of bloke who, if he were rushed to hospital after a cardiac arrest, he'd complain about his treatment because they won't let him play rugby the next day.

Comment

Riiighhttttt....

So after not getting the intended sympathy vote for Bomber Command, you thought you try the Everyman tack, did you?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          That's the sort of bloke who, if he were rushed to hospital after a cardiac arrest, he'd complain about his treatment because they won't let him play rugby the next day.
          No - he is the sort of bloke who allegedly used that offshore scheme which in the words of judge enabled reduction of income tax paid to like 2-4% or something.

He probably thinks that tax freedom day should be 2nd of January or something - for him that it, and screw everybody else who'd have to pay more tax to make up the difference!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Riiighhttttt....

So after not getting the intended sympathy vote for Bomber Command, you thought you try the Everyman tack, did you?
            Was that me? I must have been pissed m'lud.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Was that me? I must have been pissed m'lud.
              No, it was BB moaning about Govt charging VAT on monument for heroes.

Comment

Working...
              X