PDA

View Full Version : Worst actors of our time

TimberWolf
29th December 2010, 12:55
Are there any films you'd consider giving a miss because an actor is playing a leading part?

Mel Gibson is an obvious one. Also Micheal Caine who while he was magnificent in his early career (Zulu, Italian Job, etc) and good more recently in Educating Rita, is generally a turn off now.

Pondlife
29th December 2010, 13:00
Tom Cruise
Aston Kutcher (Demi Moore's other half)

MarillionFan
29th December 2010, 13:11
Nick Cage. Boresville.

If I see he is in a film I won't watch. Worst actor of all time.

Kevin Spacey bores me as well.

Sean Penn. Just can't stand him.

TimberWolf
29th December 2010, 13:15
Dudley Moore.

Sysman
29th December 2010, 13:17
Sarah Jessica Parker.

Can't stand the woman.

VectraMan
29th December 2010, 13:20
Both the Toms, Cruise and Hanks.

Lockhouse
29th December 2010, 13:24
Sarah Jessica Parker.

Can't stand the woman.

+1

thunderlizard
29th December 2010, 14:23
Had fond memories of "Quantum Leap", but saw a bit of it last week and was amazed how bad the acting was. So, Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. Fortunately I don't think that rules out many films.

norrahe
29th December 2010, 14:25
Tom Cruise
Aston Kutcher (Demi Moore's other half)

I'll second Tom Cruise, also Keanu Reeves (though I did enjoy point break).

Pondlife
29th December 2010, 14:27
Adam Sandler. :suicide:

d000hg
29th December 2010, 14:28
Tom Cruise
SJP
Vince Vaughn
Jim Carrey
Chris Tucker

Would only watch any film with them on hearing decent reviews first.

Also, I tread very carefully with Jack Black. I love him but he's been in some shockers.

Pondlife
29th December 2010, 14:30
The problem with refusing to watch anything with SJP in on principle means you missout on Mars Attack :alien:

d000hg
29th December 2010, 14:30
I'll second Tom Cruise, also Keanu Reeves (though I did enjoy point break).Keanu is terrible, but has been in OK films as the lead (Bill & Ted, Matrix, Constantine). Kind of like Arnie... cast in an unemotional inexpressive role he delivers quite well :)

filthy1980
29th December 2010, 14:35
Sarah Jessica Parker.

Can't stand the woman.

WHAT? you telling me you didn't love her in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun?

filthy1980
29th December 2010, 14:36
ben stiller

fckvwls
29th December 2010, 14:37
Freddie Prinze Jr
Vin Diesel
Orlando Bloom
Tobie Macguire
Paul Walker
Mickey Rourke
Brooke Shields
Val Kilmer
Hayden Christiansen

Pondlife
29th December 2010, 14:40
Mickey Rourke

Wasn't bad in The Wrestler IMO. But I'll conceed that the entire cast of Expendables should be rounded up and buried in a time capsule.

Doggy Styles
29th December 2010, 14:44
Gary Oldman's sister. I've forgotten her name but she plays Mo Harris in Eastenders.

MrMark
29th December 2010, 14:51
Steve Martin. I don't think he's a bad actor, just his films are never funny. At all.

Doggy Styles
29th December 2010, 14:53
Steve Martin. I don't think he's a bad actor, just his films are never funny. At all.You're right, now I think about it. Doesn't make him a bad actor though.

norrahe
29th December 2010, 14:53
Adam Sandler. :suicide:

And in the same acting vein, Ben Stiller :sick

Zippy
29th December 2010, 15:06
Hayden Christiansen without a doubt. He is slightly less animated than the table this laptop is sitting on.

rightfluff
29th December 2010, 15:19
Wasn't bad in The Wrestler IMO. But I'll conceed that the entire cast of Expendables should be rounded up and buried in a time capsule.

I hate that film. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TiroFijo
29th December 2010, 15:57
John Travolta and Tom Cruise.

sbakoola
29th December 2010, 16:00
William Shatner

gingerjedi
29th December 2010, 16:05
William Shatner

Have you heard him sing? :eek:

Zippy
29th December 2010, 17:18
Have you heard him sing? :eek:

He's dead Jim.

Platypus
29th December 2010, 18:01
Nick Cage. Boresville.

WHS+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Platypus
29th December 2010, 18:03
Hayden Christiansen without a doubt. He is slightly less animated than the table this laptop is sitting on.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed Jumper

shaunbhoy
29th December 2010, 18:08
Roger Moore

Worst Bond ever...........naff shade of orange too!!

wobbegong
29th December 2010, 21:35
I can't believe I'm the first to mention possibly the worst, the most wooden, the most talentless "I've only got one character; the floppy haired, bumbling' upper class English twit".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . HUGH GRANT. :puke:

d000hg
29th December 2010, 21:49
At least he admits it though. And he plays that character quite well, so as long as they put him in the right films isn't that good acting?

wobbegong
30th December 2010, 01:53
At least he admits it though. And he plays that character quite well, so as long as they put him in the right films isn't that good acting?

Just being yourself (in his case a total tw@) isn't acting in my book, so no, it isn't 'good' acting.

norrahe
30th December 2010, 02:02
I can't believe I'm the first to mention possibly the worst, the most wooden, the most talentless "I've only got one character; the floppy haired, bumbling' upper class English twit".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you . . . . HUGH GRANT. :puke:

some of us are trying to ignore the fact he's actually made films :eek

TykeMerc
30th December 2010, 02:37
Leonardo Di Caprio!

Oh and I also agree with most of the other peoples suggestions.

gricerboy
30th December 2010, 09:58
Steve Martin. I don't think he's a bad actor, just his films are never funny. At all.

Didn't you see that film in which he appeared talking back to clips from old black and white films? Thought that was an absolute hoot.

I personally can't abide anything with that South African Richard E Wotsizchops off of Withnail and I. Sadly that means I am precluded from watching any remakes of the old classics as he always seems to have a lead role in them.

I sat down to enjoy A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and was reaching for the remote after just 2 minutes because it was HIM AGAIN !! :mad

TimberWolf
30th December 2010, 10:02
Didn't you see that film in which he appeared talking back to clips from old black and white films? Thought that was an absolute hoot.

I personally can't abide anything with that South African Richard E Wotsizchops off of Withal and I. Sadly that means I am precluded from watching any remakes of the old classics as he always seems to have a lead role in them.

I sat down to enjoy A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve and was reaching for the remote after just 2 minutes because it was HIM AGAIN !! :mad

Wow, a Google search on Richard E Wotsizchops (http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENGB354&=&q=Richard+E+Wotsizchops&btnG=Google+Search&aq=&oq=) didn't come up with any matches or even any suggestions.

TimberWolf
30th December 2010, 10:05
Wow, a Google search on Richard E Wotsizchops (http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENGB354&=&q=Richard+E+Wotsizchops&btnG=Google+Search&aq=&oq=) didn't come up with any matches or even any suggestions.
Ah, I see, still referring to Grant. On a vaguely related note, I hear Liz Hurley is single again :banana: Can't speak for her acting.

d000hg
30th December 2010, 10:07
Just being yourself (in his case a total tw@) isn't acting in my book, so no, it isn't 'good' acting.The identical character he plays in most of his films isn't his real-life personality. In real life he's grumpy and an arse, not a harmless fop. IIRC he said About a Boy is more like his real self... which is also probably the film I'd say he's best in.

GreenLabel
30th December 2010, 10:07
Nick Cage. Boresville.

Yup, definitely. I'm amazed that he still gets offered roles after such a long run of appalling, cringe-worthy films. How does this keep happening?

Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise have to be the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned.

TykeMerc
30th December 2010, 13:12
Anyone suggested Kevin Costner yet?

He's firmly round the U bend in my book.

shaunbhoy
30th December 2010, 13:18

Dead Men don't wear Plaid!

HTH

And yes, it was pretty good. Also liked Planes Trains and Automobiles, although that was more down to the irrepressible John Candy RIP.