• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is everyone doing tonight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everyone doing tonight?

After a length Xmas discussion about how cooking was a piece of piss(even though I don't cook), I would need a new hobby when the shop closes and that like all things all I had to do was read a book or use the internet to be a culinary master, I am cooking tonight for friends.

I am starting simple with

Mediterranean Grilled Tomatoes, Mozzarella & handmade ciabatta
    Tagilatelle & ham in a rich cheese sauce, with an italian salad drizzled in homemade chilli olive oil & hand prepared garlic bread
    Brandy snaps with whipped cream & raspberries / strawberries.
    Cheese & Biscuits

You can learn everything from the internet. That's how I had kids.

What is everyone elses plans?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    After a length Xmas discussion about how cooking was a piece of piss(even though I don't cook), I would need a new hobby when the shop closes and that like all things all I had to do was read a book or use the internet to be a culinary master, I am cooking tonight for friends.

I am starting simple with

Mediterranean Grilled Tomatoes, Mozzarella & handmade ciabatta
    Tagilatelle & ham in a rich cheese sauce, with an italian salad drizzled in homemade chilli olive oil & hand prepared garlic bread
    Brandy snaps with whipped cream & raspberries / strawberries.
    Cheese & Biscuits

You can learn everything from the internet. That's how I had kids.

What is everyone elses plans?
    Are you making the brandy snaps yourself?

Tip, if you use raspberries, add a small bit of whisky just to give them a kick
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Are you making the brandy snaps yourself?

Tip, if you use raspberries, add a small bit of whisky just to give them a kick
      I was going to make them. But bought them as I dont have time. Don't actually have a way of pumping the cream in yet either, was going to see if I have a polyfiller gun in the garage.

Cheers for the tip. Is that soak the raspberries in whisky or drizzle a little on?

Comment

Oh feck off MF. You've been to M&S haven't you?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Oh feck off MF. You've been to M&S haven't you?
          Seriously. Making it all from scratch. (even grew the tomatoes & herbs - took 14 weeks, same time as Suityou's swine flu!)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I was going to make them. But bought them as I dont have time. Don't actually have a way of pumping the cream in yet either, was going to see if I have a polyfiller gun in the garage.

Cheers for the tip. Is that soak the raspberries in whisky or drizzle a little on?

Add the whisky to the cream with a bit of icing sugar and then whisk till thick. (You can then spoon the cream into the brandy snaps as opposed to using your polyfilla gun )

Don't use an islay malt as it will kill the flavour of the raspberries. A honeyed malt will work well with this
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm going to the pub, where hopefully the musicians in the front room will attract people away from the back room so I can read my book in peace, breaking off only to visit the bar and of course to foil AtW's attempt to get the last post of the year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I'm going to the pub, where hopefully the musicians in the front room will attract people away from the back room so I can read my book in peace, breaking off only to visit the bar and of course to foil AtW's attempt to get the last post of the year
                So you've hacked the Ruskie's fembots then?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I should have put a backdoor in the forum software when I had the chance, but I doubt I can persuade admin to install a new plugin at this late stage without inviting suspicion

Comment

Oh bugger.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X