• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK worst hangover of the year so far thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK worst hangover of the year so far thread

Unless you're bringing me bacon and coffee you can get to ****.

To quote Mr Withnail "I feel like a pig shat in my head."

I was the dedicated driver last evening.

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
      I was the dedicated driver last evening.
      No one likes you today.

I just 'tried' to have a ciggie. Ain't happening.

Where's my bacon dammit!

Comment

Six bottles of wine. Two bottles of champagne. Brandy & Baileys. To bed at 2.30, woken up by our neighbours 4 year old at 6.30 who they left at our house, proceeded to get in to mine and Mrs MF's bed and then gabbled for 30 minutes before telling her to bugger off downstairs and turn on the telly.

No hangover.

Remarkable!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

no hangover for me, just feel really really tired.

Must have been all the dancing I was doing at the party ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Where's my bacon dammit!
            Actually you should eat eggs, bananas, and drink fruit juice to combat that hangover....

well according to this article anyway.

Just dont make them into a smoothie

Comment

Well I'm back on the tinnies. Stella. Nectar for Pikeys. Yum.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

oh dear

what can I say

well, a neighbour took two days building an 'ice bar' in the garden and then invited a few neighbours round for new years eve starting at about 3pm

well there was an absence of beer and only whiskey and such poisons available

the cold seemed to slow the effect of the alcohol, however, I didn't make it and had to retire to the pit
                by 10pm !!!!

today was sick a few times and still not 100%

all the best everybody for 2011

Milan.

Comment

Half a bottle of decent brandy, and four Speckled Hen - Pretty lightweight compared with MF

Although they say one shouldn't mix grape and grain, I felt fine this morning and up at 9am.

I'm ramping down ready for next week though - Six Speccies tonight, four tomorrow, and two on monday, and none on tuesday.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think my neighbour has a hangover to beat them all from Thursday night. At 5 on Friday morning it took him about 5 minutes to get the key in the front door, and he was talking to himself.

Not heard a peep since

Me? I had a belter of a pork roast with mash and greens, followed by lots of cheese and biscuits before the first beer, then took it steadily. Didn't leave the pub until shortly before 5 this morning. The pub put on a constant supply of mini-quiches, piping hot and delicious, which kept us all going.

Tired but no hangover.
                    Last edited by Sysman; 1 January 2011, 18:41.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X