PDA

View Full Version : CUK worst hangover of the year so far thread

Pondlife
1st January 2011, 12:42
Unless you're bringing me bacon and coffee you can get to ****.

To quote Mr Withnail "I feel like a pig shat in my head."

:puke:

fckvwls
1st January 2011, 12:45
I was the dedicated driver last evening. :banana:

Pondlife
1st January 2011, 13:01
I was the dedicated driver last evening. :banana:

No one likes you today.

I just 'tried' to have a ciggie. Ain't happening.

Where's my bacon dammit!

MarillionFan
1st January 2011, 13:18
Six bottles of wine. Two bottles of champagne. Brandy & Baileys. To bed at 2.30, woken up by our neighbours 4 year old at 6.30 who they left at our house, proceeded to get in to mine and Mrs MF's bed and then gabbled for 30 minutes before telling her to bugger off downstairs and turn on the telly.

No hangover.

Remarkable!

FiveTimes
1st January 2011, 14:46
no hangover for me, just feel really really tired.

Must have been all the dancing I was doing at the party ?

CheeseSlice
1st January 2011, 15:14
Where's my bacon dammit!

Actually you should eat eggs, bananas, and drink fruit juice to combat that hangover....

well according to this article (http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/drugs-alcohol/hangover6.htm) anyway.

Just dont make them into a smoothie :puke:

MarillionFan
1st January 2011, 15:20
Well I'm back on the tinnies. Stella. Nectar for Pikeys. Yum.

milanbenes
1st January 2011, 16:08
oh dear

what can I say

well, a neighbour took two days building an 'ice bar' in the garden and then invited a few neighbours round for new years eve starting at about 3pm

well there was an absence of beer and only whiskey and such poisons available

the cold seemed to slow the effect of the alcohol, however, I didn't make it and had to retire to the pit
by 10pm !!!!

today was sick a few times and still not 100%

all the best everybody for 2011

Milan.

OwlHoot
1st January 2011, 16:30
Half a bottle of decent brandy, and four Speckled Hen - Pretty lightweight compared with MF :eek:

Although they say one shouldn't mix grape and grain, I felt fine this morning and up at 9am.

I'm ramping down ready for next week though - Six Speccies tonight, four tomorrow, and two on monday, and none on tuesday. :eyes

Sysman
1st January 2011, 17:07
I think my neighbour has a hangover to beat them all from Thursday night. At 5 on Friday morning it took him about 5 minutes to get the key in the front door, and he was talking to himself.

Not heard a peep since ;)

Me? I had a belter of a pork roast with mash and greens, followed by lots of cheese and biscuits before the first beer, then took it steadily. Didn't leave the pub until shortly before 5 this morning. The pub put on a constant supply of mini-quiches, piping hot and delicious, which kept us all going.

Tired but no hangover.

milanbenes
1st January 2011, 18:39
sysman,

sounds like a great night and a lock-in to boot !

all the best

Milan.

cojak
1st January 2011, 18:52
Feeling much, much better than this time last year.

I'm getting old... :frown

Sysman
1st January 2011, 19:09
sysman,

sounds like a great night and a lock-in to boot !

all the best

'Twas certainly a good night, but not actually a lock in. The places which were open stayed that way until most folks started drifting off. And the buses ran all night to boot. Very civilised.

All the best to you and your family.

Sysman.

gingerjedi
1st January 2011, 19:15
Half a bottle of decent brandy, and four Speckled Hen - Pretty lightweight compared with MF :eek:

Although they say one shouldn't mix grape and grain, I felt fine this morning and up at 9am.

I'm ramping down ready for next week though - Six Speccies tonight, four tomorrow, and two on monday, and none on tuesday. :eyes

You didn't have any grain?

alreadypacked
1st January 2011, 19:47
No drinks for me I had to be up a 4AM to get to the airport. :mad:

MaryPoppins
1st January 2011, 21:19
No drinks for me I had to be up a 4AM to get to the airport. :mad:

Same here, without the airport bit :(

darmstadt
2nd January 2011, 11:47
I was fine, didn't leave the pub 'til 10:00am having started at 8:00pm. Lots of Apfelwein, Sekt at midnight interspersed with plenty of Aquavit.

NotAllThere
2nd January 2011, 12:07
Feeling much, much better than this time last year.

I'm getting old... :frownThat's why I've stopped drinking alcohol completely. Too many bad mornings, and they were getting worse. On the plus side my liver has stopped whimpering every time I open the fridge.

norrahe
2nd January 2011, 12:46
I was fine, didn't leave the pub 'til 10:00am having started at 8:00pm. Lots of Apfelwein, Sekt at midnight interspersed with plenty of Aquavit.

Are you still drunk? :laugh

I managed the christmas period without a hangover thankfully.

d000hg
2nd January 2011, 13:14
Unless you're bringing me bacon and coffee you can get to ****.

To quote Mr Withnail "I feel like a pig shat in my head."

:puke:I find the smell of coffee makes me want to hurl when a little delicate.

Six bottles of wine. Two bottles of champagne. Brandy & Baileys. To bed at 2.30, woken up by our neighbours 4 year old at 6.30 who they left at our house, proceeded to get in to mine and Mrs MF's bed and then gabbled for 30 minutes before telling her to bugger off downstairs and turn on the telly.

No hangover.

Remarkable!I bet you think it's cool to smoke too. What did you really drink, half a can of Skol your dad left on the table after tea-time?

cojak
2nd January 2011, 13:36
That's why I've stopped drinking alcohol completely. Too many bad mornings, and they were getting worse. On the plus side my liver has stopped whimpering every time I open the fridge.

No, I'm now remembering the hangovers and stop before I do meself damage - 2 glasses of fizz and a whisky NYE.

I'm sure that I'll still get the odd hangover, but it's been a year since the last one.

I'm getting too sensible in me old age... :ohwell

NotAllThere
2nd January 2011, 21:51
It's all or nothing for me. I never understood those people (apparently the majority!) who can drink a couple then stop.

http://www.englishforum.ch/images/smilies/standard/drunk.gif

d000hg
2nd January 2011, 22:30
It's all or nothing for me. I never understood those people (apparently the majority!) who can drink a couple then stop.

http://www.englishforum.ch/images/smilies/standard/drunk.gifHmm, that sounds worryingly like alcoholism-in-waiting, or having an "addictive personality". :frown

OwlHoot
3rd January 2011, 01:52

I've never been anywhere near being an alky, but I envy people with enough self discipline to have a drinks cabinet.

With me it's "buy it, and drink it the same day" :rolleyes:

Maybe that's a good chav indicator :eyes

SueEllen
3rd January 2011, 07:38

It´s called I have to drive later in the day and don't want to risk losing my license.

NotAllThere
3rd January 2011, 07:54
Hmm, that sounds worryingly like alcoholism-in-waiting, or having an "addictive personality". :frown

That's another reason why I've gone for the no alcohol at all option. There are alcoholics in my family. I know how easy it is to go down that route, and the damage it can cause.

Jubber
3rd January 2011, 11:58

Me too. I stopped many years ago.