• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat Earth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat Earth

Ever wondered what all the water on the Earth's surface would look like if it were placed in a sphere above the USA? Well wonder no more:

Just goes to show how flat the world is.

Photos: If All of Earth's Water was put into Single Sphere, from the USGS Water Science School
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 1 January 2011, 18:05.

I've heard it said that if the earth were the size of a billiard ball it would feel just as smooth.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I've heard it said that if the earth were the size of a billiard ball it would feel just as smooth.
      Some bloke down the pub was telling me that if one of my balls was as big as the earth, it wouldnt be very smooth at all.

Can you imagine that ? living on someones goolie. that'd be weird that would

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Some bloke down the pub was telling me that if one of my balls was as big as the earth, it wouldnt be very smooth at all.

You do talk some bollocks...
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          My missus lives on my goolies. She doesn't seem to think it's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            My missus lives on my goolies. She doesn't seem to think it's weird.

she sounds like a fine woman. Has she ever been to the pole ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Ever wondered what all the water on the Earth's surface would look like if it were placed in a sphere above the USA?...
              That looks very much like zeitghost's cunning plan #334

Comment

Working...
              X