• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Movies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies?

I am back in the land of little English TV again.

Anyone got any recommends for movies I could download?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

What kind of films do you like?

I downloaded The American (2010) last week, and can recommend that, although some might say the pace was a bit languid. Great scenery though, and pretty saucy in places
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Bit odd to ask which ones you can download, since I understand that most films are available for download, legally and illegally, fairly soon after they're made. Buying DVDs is also an option.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific on your criteria. For example, do you like films with gladiators?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Four Lions

In the Loop

Blood Diamond

Hurt Locker

Children of Men

I've downloaded Money Never Sleeps but haven't watched it yet.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Bit odd to ask which ones you can download, since I understand that most films are available for download, legally and illegally, fairly soon after they're made. Buying DVDs is also an option.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific on your criteria. For example, do you like films with gladiators?
          Not really a sword and sandles gal. RomCom or Sify. Just saw a good film Unthinkable.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I may be a a bit behind the times, but I watched Avatar for the first time a month or so back and thought that was pretty good.

Comment

How about a ZomRomCom (Shaun of the Dead).
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                How about a ZomRomCom (Shaun of the Dead).
                Or Hot Fuzz

Alice in wonderland is worth a watch as is District 9, Stardust, So I married an axe murderer
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They didn't have the internet abroad?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I may be a a bit behind the times, but I watched Avatar for the first time a month or so back and thought that was pretty good.
                  I found the film itself really boring, it was worth it in 3D but I would not watch it in 2D.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Or Hot Fuzz

Alice in wonderland is worth a watch as is District 9, Stardust, So I married an axe murderer
                  D9 is quite good, a bit unusual too. Also fairly rare to see films in S.Africa, the accent always makes me think they're putting it on
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Or Hot Fuzz

Oh yes indeed.

I would also add Rat Race, Office Space and the Shrek movies for things to watch for a mindless Sunday afternoon of chuckling.

Comment

Working...
                    X