• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn non-pirated DVDs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn non-pirated DVDs

I'm sick and tired of spending money on legitimate DVDs which force me to watch a "don't buy pirated DVDs" presentation which cannot be skipped. This is the single biggest reason that I'd consider buying pirated copies, just to avoid that bloody thing.

Grrrrrr.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Get blu-rays - on those you'll see same thing in a much more visually pleasing higher definition.

HTH

Comment

Comment

I must admit that on the incredibly rare occasions I buy DVD's I immediately rip them to get just the film, I'm not interested in the extras, all the adverts and warnings so I just dump the lot. I only ever dig out the original if my copy fails.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            I must admit that on the incredibly rare occasions I buy DVD's I immediately rip them to get just the film, I'm not interested in the extras, all the adverts and warnings so I just dump the lot. I only ever dig out the original if my copy fails.
            That's what I do - rip main feature immediately and stream on the new Apple TV. No more menu BS to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by SorenLorensen View Post
              That's what I do - rip main feature immediately and stream on the new Apple TV. No more menu BS to go through.
              Can you rip at the same quality as the original? My last efforts resulted in sound being out of sync, maybe better software was required, any tips?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I still use VHS tapes - very handy as I can mix them with my backup tapes at work.

Milan.

Comment

I can't comment on the Apple TV thing, but the DVD rips I take from originals are full DVD quality. I use a couple of now quite old utilities, DVD decrypter to strip the data off the DVD, DVD2One to select the bits I want then Nero to burn to a blank DVD. I get a DVD without any menu, extras or rubbish.

The bonus is that when the DVD is finished playing it doesn't loop constantly so the DVD player will go to standby after a while so if I fall asleep the DVD player won't be running all night.

Obviously I don't bother with BluRay as I don't see enough difference to bother with it.

Comment

I always engrave mine onto LPs.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X