• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Evangelical Christians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evangelical Christians?

What is their beef with life?

Megaphones on the pavement, wailing into the street.

Is this in Australia? I thought you were going to watch at least one of the Test matches in person.

Comment

Minestrone, empty yer mailbox dude....
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Done.

Or should that be...

<megaphone>Done as the lord pronounced minestrone should do by the book of job</megaphone>

Comment

Evangelical describes the theology, not the behaviour of Christians (nor the politics, unless, apparently, they happen to be American). In Switzerland, for example, many churches are Evangelical Reformed. And as quiet and inoffensive as any CofE village church.

However, the group you encountered are indeed likely to be a subgroup of evangelicals. Evangelicalism stresses the need for a conversion experience in order to be a Christian. Some such Christians take the view that this requires street preaching. There still remains the possibility they were part of some other group.

What were they wailing about?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            What were they wailing about?
            Did not really listen, my ear drums were bleeding.

Used to date a girl and every Sunday morning at 8am 10 guys in suits holding bibles would turn up across the road from her flat with a portable speaker and rant for nearly 2 hours, I assume their service was at 10.

Comment

Megaphone? There's an idea...

Technically Christianity is a religion with evangelism as a central theme. Down to personal choice whether you implement that with a megaphone, or chatting to your mates in the pub why you are never around on Sunday. Personally I think the latter is not only less difficult and less annoying, but more effective.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Megaphone? There's an idea...

Technically Christianity is a religion with evangelism as a central theme. Down to personal choice whether you implement that with a megaphone, or chatting to your mates in the pub why you are never around on Sunday. Personally I think the latter is not only less difficult and less annoying, but more effective.
                No it is not. Personal belief yes. Conversion, no.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  No it is not. Personal belief yes. Conversion, no.
                  Yes it is. At least, Jesus said so and I'll take his definition over yours.

edit: It's about both, I mean. Personal belief too because it's about individual choice, not culture or what religion your family is.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Yes it is. At least, Jesus said so and I'll take his definition over yours.

edit: It's about both, I mean. Personal belief too because it's about individual choice, not culture or what religion your family is.
                    The belief that all non-christians will go to hell kind of suggests so, I guess.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X