• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rubbish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish

Ours is still on the drive 3 weeks after it was due to be collected, is it just Somerset or is this typical? We've now got 3-4 times the usual amount so I cant see how they're ever going to catch up?

Funny how the supermarket delivery vans made it up the slight incline in all weathers but council contract workers didn't even bother to try.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Is this the view from your living room window?

Households left with month of rubbish after snow and Christmas hit collection - Telegraph
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Ours is still on the drive 3 weeks after it was due to be collected, is it just Somerset or is this typical? We've now got 3-4 times the usual amount so I cant see how they're ever going to catch up?

Funny how the supermarket delivery vans made it up the slight incline in all weathers but council contract workers didn't even bother to try.
      That's because there is a murderer loose in Bristol.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The binmen let it pile up so that they have to do overtime to catch up.

Sorteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Comment

It's the same in Warrington except I don't believe the bin men are not out sourced here.

Apparently "Health and Safety" rules stopped them collecting in the snow and ice.

Comment

Bit pathetic really isn't it? We had the binmen round straight after Christmas and they've been at least twice since then and that's not including the other refuse collectors (bio, paper, etc.) who have also been. Sometimes though I think its a bit overkill as they wake me early in the morning (this is a slight clue as to what other days they come on as I work away from home during the week.)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Bit pathetic really isn't it? We had the binmen round straight after Christmas and they've been at least twice since then and that's not including the other refuse collectors (bio, paper, etc.) who have also been. Sometimes though I think its a bit overkill as they wake me early in the morning (this is a slight clue as to what other days they come on as I work away from home during the week.)
              It is a bit pathetic, I think that at least some sort of pickup round was possible, but
              even the very slightest risk and the system grinds to a halt.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                The binmen let it pile up so that they have to do overtime to catch up.

Sorteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
                They have contracts with overtime in them?

Obviously the local council are too soft and should contract the services out so they have to work all bank holidays except Xmas day, Boxing Day and Easter Sunday and do missed collections for free.

BTW in some areas the refuse truck drivers are responsible for clearing snow as well so it's a bit hard to collect rubbish if you haven't got a driver.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 3 January 2011, 14:51.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They have contracts with overtime in them?

Obviously the local council are too soft and should contract the services out so they have to work all bank holidays except Xmas day, Boxing Day and Easter Sunday and do missed collections for free.
                  Would Your Co's company director sign such a contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Would Your Co's company director sign such a contract?
                    I don't employ a few hundred people to work across a minimum of 3 London boroughs providing joined up services to "save" those London boroughs money on street cleaning, refuse collection, recycling, gardening services and anything else I can think off.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X