• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever drunk your own urine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever drunk your own urine?

Have mentioned it in another thread I felt I had to look up this less known treatment. Known as Uropathy, it means you drink your own urine, normally the first one when you wake up, for health benefits.

Apart from the obvious smelly breath and for the boozers on here which would probably put you over the limit, has anyone tried this 'herbal remedy'?

Drinking Your Own Urine | Healthmad

Just when I think I’ve heard it all I hear this. There several books about
    this healing process one is done by author Martha Christy titled “Your Own Perfect
    Medicine”. This therapy has been around for over 5,000 years. They use urine for
    healing cancer, heart disease, allergies, auto-immune diseases, diabetes, asthma,
    infertility, infections, wounds and on and on. Urine is a by-product of blood
    filtration, not waste filtration. Medically it is referred to as “plasma ultrafiltrate”.

Nutrient-filled blood passes through the liver where toxins are removed to be excreted
    as solid waste. Eventually, this purified “clean” blood undergoes a filtering process in
    the kidneys, where excess water, salts, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antibodies, urea,
    uric acid and other elements not usable at that time by the body are collected in the form
    of a purified, sterile, watery solution that is urine.
    What can drinking your own urine actually do you might ask? When urine is taken back in
    the chemicals and nutrients in it act as natural vaccines, antibacterial, antiviral and
    anticarcinogenic agents as well as hormone balancers and allergy relievers. Multiple
    sclerosis, colitis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, hepatitis, hyperactivity,
    pancreatic insufficiency, psoriasis, eczema, diabetes, herpes, mononucleosis, adrenal
    failure, allergies and so many other ailments have been relieved through use of this
    therapy.
    But with such a taboo process it’s clear why many people don’t discuss nor use
    this alternative therapy for results. I guess it all depends on this one question. What
    would you do to cure your current illness or ailment?
    So, how exactly do you drink your own urine? Well, the middle stream of fresh, warm,
    morning urine is the most potent, and drinking it mixed with freshly squeezed orange
    juice is probably the fastest way to accomplish this task, although it is best not to
    mix urine with other foods or drinks or to take it within an hour before or after eating.

Read more: Drinking Your Own Urine | Healthmad
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I think there was an Indian president who swore by it but seem to recall reading there is a problem of damage to the immune system using your own, much better to use somebody else's. Like Kiera Knightley's. Mmmm.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've swallowed swimming pool water.

Comment

Went to a German wine tasting event, a fat German handed me some glasses a said, “here ist your Mosel now , drink. Und now drink your Rhine”
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Someone has to say it.

Are you taking the piss?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Went to a German wine tasting event, a fat German handed me some glasses a said, “here ist your Mosel now , drink. Und now drink your Rhine”
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I used to regularly pee on my hands when I was white-water kayaking many moons ago (after lunch, obv). It was the best way of warming them up and helped prevent chillblains.

It's also sterile straight out of the body.

There are many good uses for pee.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Proverbs 5:15-5:15 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com
                Drink water from your own cistern,
                running water from your own well.

Chilled with a slice of lemon, or 'warm'?

Comment

Didn't Bear Grylls give himself an enema using his own urine once?
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

A cage fighters tonic

Ex MMA champ Lyoto Machida swears by drinking his own pee every morning. He learnt it from his dad.

Comment

Working...
                    X