• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only one New Year resolution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one New Year resolution

To take a break somewhere exotic, money no object. Recommendations please.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    To take a break somewhere exotic, money no object. Recommendations please.
    Palestine.

You did say exocet didn't you?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Palestine.

You did say exocet didn't you?
      I had considered the weird as well as the exotic, getting my pic taken underneath the crossed swords in Baghdad for instance.

Really looking for somewhere different, out of the way, exclusive, once in a lifetime kinda thing. Fascinated by Easter Island, Tahiti, Antarctica, you get the idea. Anybody actually been to any of these places or anywhere else they could recommend?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa Hotel - Bora Bora, French Polynesia - Hilton Hotels

Comment

Now that's a candidate, only 45 mins from Tahiti!
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I've always fancied a trip on one of those scientific survey ships - the Galapagos Islands maybe?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              I've always fancied a trip on one of those scientific survey ships - the Galapagos Islands maybe?
              Can you do that? That would be a cool trip to do.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Antarctica?
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Antarctica?
                  Yeah, been considering there.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    I had considered the weird as well as the exotic, getting my pic taken underneath the crossed swords in Baghdad for instance.

Really looking for somewhere different, out of the way, exclusive, once in a lifetime kinda thing. Fascinated by Easter Island, Tahiti, Antarctica, you get the idea. Anybody actually been to any of these places or anywhere else they could recommend?
                    I always wanted to go to Easter Island and have researched it. They put an airport in when Costner did a film there and I understand that's spoilt it somewhat.

The missus has been to Tahiti. The south sea islands have always been high on my list but not visited. I would go for Patagonia over Antarctica & always fancied Pitcairn Island(as an out of the way place, but they did have some issues a few years back). I would always recommend Nepal and a visit to Bhutan, plus Indonesia is a cool country with lots and lots of different islands/peoples.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X